Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    In Kenya, after sitting around the bonfire with some beers I had an idea for gravel rallies. Sunday should have at least 3 stages. We continue with normal starting order until the powerstage regroup... Then your position on powerstage can be decided on 1.otion: Reverse order of Sunday results (the fastest during Sunday gets the best positions); 2. Option: As all the drivers are in regroup anyway, they can create a show event where they choose start positions like in ERC. Then it adds a lot of tactic.. if there is no service, you have to make sure you still have good enough tires for Sunday. You have to be sure that when you start later there is no rain expected etc. That should pretty much end Sunday cruising and make a lot of fun just before powerstage and during powerstage as well.
    I actually really like the idea 1. Should prevent at least most of the crews cruising around on Sunday.

Liked 2,139 Times in 932 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    We will see what wil happen...
    Cool story..
    Enlighten us maybe..?

,,Oh, I can't..''

Liked 54 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    This is not completely true. We can see it in ERC, where they were pushing for 4-day format to cut the costs. But in fact, everything is so hectic, there is very short time between test and scrutineering etc. So it can means teams need to be fully ready (with more people) for longer time. And still we can see that lot of competitors is coming to the area previous weekend for adaptation to the region to be mentally and phisically ready...
    I see and I'd agree with that if true, I'm out of ERC events since some years now and I can't see what's going on first-hand. But definitely seeing Sardinia and Acropolis this year, as well as keeping an eye on the rest of the issues, there's so much room for improvement in all the remaining areas I wrote down. But WRC Promoter seems more keen to get the 1M from each promoter and share dividends, rather than improving the situation and actually cash much more money, which would mean a championship in a better shape for everyone.

4. Likes: seb_sh (22nd November 2023),TWRC (23rd November 2023)
    Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    I see and I'd agree with that if true, I'm out of ERC events since some years now and I can't see what's going on first-hand. But definitely seeing Sardinia and Acropolis this year, as well as keeping an eye on the rest of the issues, there's so much room for improvement in all the remaining areas I wrote down. But WRC Promoter seems more keen to get the 1M from each promoter and share dividends, rather than improving the situation and actually cash much more money, which would mean a championship in a better shape for everyone.
    I think that this is the biggest issue. Everybody is concerned only in their own needs. FIA, promoter, manufacturers, teams, competitors, organisers. Everybody is proposing what will suits them the best (or what will bring them more money) but there is not so many of them who wants to see and make anything in gloval improvement of the championship...

6. Likes: jcevc (23rd November 2023),lancia037 (23rd November 2023),Lead (23rd November 2023),seb_sh (22nd November 2023),TWRC (23rd November 2023)
    Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    1. I would remove one spot from calendar and make sure that all continents are included.
    -4x gravel
    -4x tarmac
    -2x mixed (gravel/tarmac)
    -1x snow
    -1x full mixed (snow/tarmac/gravel)

2. Maybe introduce qualifying stage on a shakedown basis.

3. Shorten distance between stages (that means stages are run closer to each other, so people could spectate more action).

4. Each event to held super special stage in the base of rally (more people could saw direct action, show, sponsors, key people)

5. Classes:
    -WRC (Rally1)
    -WRC2 (Rally2)
    -WRC Junior (Rally3)
    -WRC Masters (open class for all previous rally cars), here I would maybe limit entries if there would be too much crews applied... it would be quite a spectacle if Akio could show up in old Celica or Loeb in his winning Xsara.

6. Events could simultneously run for continental or even national championship. That way you could cover enough entries in the likes of Kenya and finales like Australia (I mean that would be only case if there were not enough entries for each event).

7. Coverage
    -If they want to engage new fans they could at least give something to them. Every year there is less and less coverage in all aspects. Some stages could be brought to the tv back for free or some channels. Magazines and highlights. For hardcore fans paying service in likes of behind the scenes, all live coverage, cameras in a service park, maps... (like it is now). Official WRC news could be DirtFish crew. They know how to make really good and engaging content.

8. About cars, well I don't know. I would personaly love more brands and more seats available.. But first try to keep all three in the game and then search for more.

Liked 821 Times in 436 Posts
    Rally Estonia confirmed for 2025. Will run as an ERC event next season.

Liked 12,238 Times in 5,261 Posts
    About Msport situation

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-...-driver-plans/

Based on this it seems it’s Fourmaux and Loubet and Munster with some outings
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    About Msport situation

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-...-driver-plans/

Based on this it seems it’s Fourmaux and Loubet and Munster with some outings
    solberg again no seat

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1988senna View Post
    solberg again no seat
    My bet is Yaris rally2 for him

12. Likes: Rallyper (23rd November 2023),WRC1 (23rd November 2023)
    Liked 5,569 Times in 2,301 Posts
    According DH - Moteurs (de Wilde)

M-Sport with Fourmaux + nordic driver (Lindholm or...) + Munster
    Hyundai with Mikkelsen and Sordo sharing 3rd car
    Loubet in GR Yaris Rally2

Skoda back to official own program. Toksport "lost" the program.

----

I heard Gryazin in C3 Rally2 with DG too.

14. Likes: manthey (2nd December 2023),WUff1 (3rd December 2023),YerayEcoBoost (2nd December 2023)