Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: China

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Oh stop being Idealistic like me Mr. Dunnell, don't you know there is MONEY to be made?? That is what wise Peter keeps telling us. He keeps saying China doesn't need freedoms. I guess he feels they are not capable of looking after themselves and they need a nanny state to look after them?

There is no such thing of course as a semi-dictatorship. You either have one, or you don't. Just some are more benign in what freedoms they tolerate.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    This is obviously why I am so poor. I haven't forced the deportation of enough people who disagree with me.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    How utterly depressing. No country needs a semi-dictatorship. I don't think this is an unduly idealistic statement.
    No semi-dictatorship? then lets just says Singapore is full-dictatorship under dictator LKY and his son
    BUT THIS IS WHAT MAKE SINGAPORE FROM ONE OF THE POOREST TO ONE OF THE RICHEST, DON'T YOU GET IT?

dictatorship is good as long as the dictator is good

Dubai is running after dictatorship, by the ruling royal family
    and thats what make Dubai a successful story

if Singapore and Dubai has western democracy, they would not achieve the success they have now, same goes to China, because most Chinese people care about money more than politics, if you go to China and talk to the people, they talk about shares and stocks, NOT CCP

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mandelson
    No semi-dictatorship? then lets just says Singapore is full-dictatorship under dictator LKY and his son
    BUT THIS IS WHAT MAKE SINGAPORE FROM ONE OF THE POOREST TO ONE OF THE RICHEST, DON'T YOU GET IT?

dictatorship is good as long as the dictator is good

Dubai is running after dictatorship, by the ruling royal family
    and thats what make Dubai a successful story

if Singapore and Dubai has western democracy, they would not achieve the success they have now, same goes to China, because most Chinese people care about money more than politics, if you go to China and talk to the people, they talk about shares and stocks, NOT CCP
    Pete....get it into your head. If you WENT to China and ASKED them, of course they would say that. No one wants to be the nail sticking up. So cease this fiction people WANT to be told to shut up and fly right....people who are free to speak their minds about what it is like to live in that sort of situation will tell you that at some point, they know they have to just bite their tongue. A LOT.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".