Page 448 of 526 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 5253
    Liked 3,817 Times in 1,988 Posts
    Well if he has the money to pay for Toyota I can somehow get it.

Then again Toyota say they only have 4th car available on the events Ogier is not doing, and those are mostly the events that do not suit Greensmith much either.

2. Likes: cali (20th December 2022),pantealex (20th December 2022),seb_sh (20th December 2022),WRC1 (19th December 2022)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Well if he has the money to pay for Toyota I can somehow get it.

Then again Toyota say they only have 4th car available on the events Ogier is not doing, and those are mostly the events that do not suit Greensmith much either.
    Well, personally, Greensmith, I find hard to see which rallies suit him best considering his past results.
    Except Monte-Carlo (one win in R5 class against French guys + his last year drive), I found him very average everywhere; he did some good time in Croatia before his drop in results and confidence and maybe some rough rallyes; I think the place where Ogier won’t be there could cover a part of it (I would think Ogier out in Sweden, Croatia, Sardinia, Estonia, Finland + Greece or Chile).

Some people in another thread talked about Skoda RS: well, except if the family has limited the money, I don’t really see the point because I don’t think he has the speed for this.

Else, we know the program of Serderidis now apparently: Monte-Carlo, Mexico, Sardinia, Kenya, maybe Greece.
    Probably that Bertelli will do as usual 2 rounds, Sweden (no incompatibility with fashion week this time) and probably one abroad one (Chile as in 2019?).
    It would let a 3rd entry available (if we assume M-Sport is reducing his number of entries this year to purely paying drivers to focus on Tanak) for a 5-6 European round program with Croatia, Portugal, Estonia, Finland, maybe Greece and Central Europa (however, some rumors about Munster being authorized to do 1 or 2 Rally1 outings depending on his results). Well, not a bad shot for some drivers and probably available for less money than the Toyota 4th car (very expensive according to some drivers interviews). I wouldn’t be surprised to see a driver announcing a program like this a bit lately in February like Loubet did last year.
    Question may be more about who: Mikkelsen probably knows it’s now his last chance to come back so maybe he is changing his mind about paying and is trying to find some backing? Huttunen sounds complicated considering Gronholm’s comments after Finland (and more globally, the situation sounds very loomy for him considering his last interview). A lot of young drivers have already set a big RC2 program. That type of program could suit Suninen also.
    Some would say Loeb, I’m pretty pessimistic after Monte Carlo negotiations failed and I don’t see him going in Croatia (doesn’t seem to be appealed by it and W2RC calendar is not favorable), Estonia or Finland but one or two one-offs (Portugal and Greece especially) cannot be totally discarded but will depend a lot on his other involvements.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 20th December 2022 at 02:01.

4. Likes: pantealex (20th December 2022)
    Liked 9,419 Times in 5,019 Posts
    @MSportLtd
    Gus, you entered the sport with us 8 years ago, from your first events in an R1 to a Puma Rally1 against the best in the world. It’s a sad day, as today, Gus and M-Sport part ways. This isn’t the end or a goodbye. It’s a sincere and heartfelt thanks. All the best for the future.

Gus Greensmith @GreensmithGus
    8 years through thick & thin together, I wouldn’t have changed it for the world. To everyone at M-Sport, all I have to say is thank you & ciao for now...

Liked 2,290 Times in 1,075 Posts
    So has the money run out? Or he's finally realised he isn't ever going to be competing at the front?

Or Toyota partial campaign ?

Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    So has the money run out? Or he's finally realised he isn't ever going to be competing at the front?

Or Toyota partial campaign ?
    If I had to bet, I would say a season like 2022-Kajto season in WRC2 with Mexico, Safari, Chile, Japan + 3 other rallies (Sardinia, Greece and another); maybe one outing in Toyota also but I don’t believe so.

I don’t think the money has ran out considering Latvala’s comments in the newspapers.
    But, in the end, I don’t really see the point of renting the 4th Toyota for a program around Sweden-Croatia-Sardinia-Estonia-Finland and Chile or Greece (most probably the 2nd one). Considering Serderidis’ program and Bertelli’s habits, M-Sport clearly had a similar program to offer in a 3rd car and for less money probably. Maybe he was afraid of «*All for Ott*» strategy? But Latvala sounds to say he wanted a full program

Liked 9,419 Times in 5,019 Posts
    Seems they couldn't agree a deal because he wanted a full season and M-Sport couldn't offer this to a 3rd driver. Strange though that Loubet got the 2nd car ahead of Gus.

But he's not going to get F/time drive in a Rally1 car anywhere else, so it would mean a WRC2 program with another team (MSport having already agreed their drivers in WRC2).

Liked 2,290 Times in 1,075 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Seems they couldn't agree a deal because he wanted a full season and M-Sport couldn't offer this to a 3rd driver. Strange though that Loubet got the 2nd car ahead of Gus.

But he's not going to get F/time drive in a Rally1 car anywhere else, so it would mean a WRC2 program with another team (MSport having already agreed their drivers in WRC2).
    Loubet might genuinely have proper potential though.

10. Likes: pantealex (21st December 2022)
    Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Strange though that Loubet got the 2nd car ahead of Gus.

its not strange,Loubet has more potential

12. Likes: AnttiL (20th December 2022),cali (20th December 2022),er88 (20th December 2022),EstWRC (20th December 2022),pantealex (21st December 2022),Rally Hokkaido (21st December 2022),RS (20th December 2022),seb_sh (20th December 2022),steve.mandzij (23rd December 2022),TWRC (21st December 2022)
    Liked 816 Times in 389 Posts
    Rumours of Mikkelsen in M-sport, maybe a joint thing between Ford and redbull?

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

14. Likes: Sulland (20th December 2022)
    Don’t forget also that Loubet has some backing still next season apparently considering the image of the announcement (a French company called AEC is his main backer since post-Covid 2020 and his first outings in RC1, with some others in 2022 and AEC is quoted in the announcement picture for 2023).

+ Millener said that M-Sport puts some money on Greensmith: for sure Greensmith is paying a big part but maybe «*only*» 80-90% of the true budget of running the car (residual part paid by M-Sport).
    Maybe it’s one of the reason of the split also.

About Mikkelsen, well, Loeb’s situation sounds complicated for 2023 in WRC, especially if he follows with Extreme E and W2RC (I saw Croatia and Portugal are not compliant with these calendars & Mexico and Greece sounds really complicated in addition to Monte). Would let maybe an opening for Sardinia-Safari and Central Europe.
    But if Mikkelsen finalizes something with some other backing (if he finally accepts to pay to drive and to bring some backing), he could take the seat for 5-7 rounds.