Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Season Pass Parade Lappers missing the action

With the revised timings for the SCSA races it looks as though those going on the parade lap will miss the races as they have to register at 10.15am and attend a briefing at 10.45am. Is this still the case, or have I missed something?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Happy to miss the V8 races to drive the track

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Er, dont the offices have windows?

Either way, i suspect we wont miss anything, just turn up early. Surely the organisers who have to do a safety briefing thing arnt going to want to miss the v8s?
    "Before Stonehenge was 'Woodhenge' and 'Strawhenge', but a big bad wolf came and blew them down, and 3 little piggies were relocated to other projects"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LessThanSte
    Er, dont the offices have windows?

Either way, i suspect we wont miss anything, just turn up early. Surely the organisers who have to do a safety briefing thing arnt going to want to miss the v8s?
    Hints...

From pitlane - Turn 1 (left), Turn 2 (left), Turn 3 (left) and finally, Turn 4 (left).
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But always behind the pacecar
    "Before Stonehenge was 'Woodhenge' and 'Strawhenge', but a big bad wolf came and blew them down, and 3 little piggies were relocated to other projects"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just be grateful you're doing it, last minute problem means I can't and I'm gutted
    :up: :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I trust everybody sticks to the rules. At our last meeting of the season we ended the day with some parade laps behind pace cars for a thing called The Arab Run. This was a bunch of guys in exotic cars doing an, in theory, controlled road run. Naturally (as expected by cynical (sorry experienced!) people like me) things started to go wrong. The first 20 minute session was fine but two laps into the second group we had three cars overtake the school instructor driven Audi RS4, which was not hanging about, and I had to abort the session. First time I have had a Pace Car running fourth on the road!

Always one who spoils the fun for the sensible but we managed to get three of them! Incidentally the cars then drove off across the country for the rest of the event. All except the hero in the red Ferrari who left the Autodrome in one piece but didn't make it an hour or so down the road without writing off the thing. Thankfully he did it off the circuit, as apparently he had to explain to the hire company why the car was a little secondhand.

Keep it save and enjoy!

Chris N

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just gotta say the parade laps went well from where i was. The banking is awesome, you can (almost) get from the entry to T2 round to the exit of T3 without steering . Also i must apologize for following the citroen round with my headlamps on full beam , I didn't realise until i got in the tunnel...
    I managed to get up to 75/80 coming down from T4, which was plenty fast enough considering the conditions.
    I'm just a Fan, ok? Not affiliated to any team/driver.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so it was you in the MG!!! :)

You have no idea how close you were to your Darkness programme - it was in t he Green XJ6 you let out and then followed to the pit lane!

Do I recall passing you somewhere and then you passing me on the inside between 1 and 2? I definitely followed an MG doing 75/80 from turn 4.
    Keep on trucking Stanty.
    All together 'Cheerios, cheerios, cheerios..'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There was a bit of passing going on hehe. I started on the low line but got bored of that and went in search of the wall