Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Now it's Alonsos turn to feel he has to explain it even further;

<<Speaking to Spanish journalists ahead of the Canadian Grand Prix, Alonso said he believes Hamilton's comments triggered the controversy.

"It all began because of that press conference and what he said, and because of that second pitstop," Alonso was quoted as saying by his country's AS newspaper. "We pitted earlier than planned to avoid risks with the safety car. He was surprised by the team's decision and he said so.

"What nobody said was that I also had fuel left and that we both pitted ahead of time. That was the big confusion.">>

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59502

After the Monaco GP he said that he had managed to salvage 3 laps wort of fuel and that's why he stopped only 3 laps before Hamilton.
    Now he says he still had more fuel and could have went even further, but h was also asked to pit earlier!
    What kind of credibility they have when their version changes ever time they say something, and everyone is saying something different?
    They did the same one year ago in Canada, every person from McLaren was declaring something else about the same problem, none was saying the truth.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    After the Monaco GP he said that he had managed to salvage 3 laps wort of fuel and that's why he stopped only 3 laps before Hamilton.
    That's right, this is referring to the first pit stop.
    Now he says he still had more fuel and could have went even further, but h was also asked to pit earlier!
    That's right too, this is referring to the second pit stop, as the team call both drivers 5 laps before it was planned due to the big advantage they had by this time, to prevent problems.
    What kind of credibility they have when their version changes ever time they say something, and everyone is saying something different?
    All the credibility, as they are referring to different pit stops.

I read it on the newspaper you mentioned (As) on the original language Fernando used when he was speaking to spanish journalists, and it was so clear. Blame it to the Autosport.com translator.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Alonso showed the paddock who is boss yesterday by dominating both free practice sessions for the Canadian Grand Prix and lapping in the same time more than half a second the close monkey (by LH).

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1MAN2007
    I think Alonso showed the paddock who is boss yesterday by dominating both free practice sessions for the Canadian Grand Prix and lapping in the same time more than half a second the close monkey (by LH).
    But today it was Hamilton who showed who's the boss :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1MAN2007

Ahem.. and what were his times like in 3rd practice and qualifying?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Are people still convinced Ron brought in Lewis because of a safety car situation?

The currents SC rules sucks!

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Apparently Fernando was brought in earlier than scheduled for his first stop in fear of the safety car, and the McLaren drivers were told to back off in the final stint, hence preventing racing.

...So why don't I see the media blowing up over it this time around?

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Apparently Fernando was brought in earlier than scheduled for his first stop in fear of the safety car, and the McLaren drivers were told to back off in the final stint, hence preventing racing.
    Do you have a link because according to Ron Dennis:
    "Lewis and Fernando raced from beginning to end. During the middle stint Fernando pushed hard and caught Lewis and this of course created some positive but tense moments on the pitwall. We were obviously happy to let them race but had to be mindful of the fact that our competition was not threatening our one-two finish. 15 laps from the end both drivers reduced their revs to save the engines for the French Grand Prix but still continued to race."
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59929

Also this from the press conference:
    Q. (Carlos Miquel – Diario AS) Fernando, the last stop did you stop before the plan?
    FA:
    I don't know. I don't think so. I didn't know what the second stop was because we were very open to decide when to stop. I think obviously the first stop is clear and is decided yesterday in qualifying when you put in the fuel for Q3. The second stop, I think the team decides however the race goes in the first 10 or 15 laps. So I think I stopped in the lap they wanted.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Dennis
    15 laps from the end both drivers reduced their revs to save the engines for the French Grand Prix but still continued to race."
    I don't buy that as a feasible statement. You're simply not racing if you're not going at 100%, especially when the gap is less than 2 seconds.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen

...So why don't I see the media blowing up over it this time around?

Funny thing is... not even the Spanish media are blowing up over it :
    United in diversity !!!