Threaded View

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    I'd rather take a 200km rally in a single day. Start early and finish in the dark(prime time).
    I agree 100%. Infact I would even rephrase my first comment specifying that the problem is indeed the crazy amount of days that a event runs on. We need 1-2 days rallys asap, with the most kms possible.

We also need to remember that if we keep a rally centered around a specific area and run all the stages close to the service park, we would also have a much needed improvement in the broadcast quality. We need to get rid of shoddy, grey, low quality onboards.

But I will say it again, It is laughable and downright embarassing that in this day and age we believe this sport (or any motorsport for that matter) is capable of gluing people infront of their laptops or smartphones for 4-5 days, sometimes more than once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    No. F1 does their races in three days, training and qualifying included. Dakar is...? ten days or so. Why couldn´t WRC run Friday to Sunday.
    And Dakar runs how many times per year?! AFAIK just one.

And in F1 you tune in for 1h30 on Thursdays/Fridays for FP, more or less 1H for qualifying and 90 mins for the race. A small part of your day.
    Last edited by Francis44; 9th February 2021 at 13:04.

2. Likes: Tauri_J (9th February 2021)