Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rusty Wallace and Dale Jarrett are pretty weak, IMO. Kyle Petty was OK, at least he sounded halfway intelligent and didn't say "uh" every other word like DJ does.

I think part of the problem with these guys is there's just not a lot of chemistry in the booth. Even though DW and the Fox gang are a bit juvenile at times, they also tell great stories and are much better at building drama when appropriate at the end of a race.

BTW, I doubt KP is sick in any way, pretty big reach there.
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Maybe TNT are paying him more to commentate than he gets to drive...
    2008 NASCAR CUP SCRAMBLE CHAMPION

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He hates to drive New Hampshire for obvious reasons so maybe since New Hampshire is one of the TNT races, he decided to take them up on an offer to be in the booth so he wouldn't have to drive that race and at the same time see if he had what it takes to make it as a race commentator once he hangs up his driving gloves.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I feel bad for bringing this up but ;IMO since the passing of his son Clifford, I don't feel hes been competitive at all. The team has shown some consistancy with the cars and Bobby's been able to run OK. I really feel for the guy what with his contributions to the communities and his families ties to the sport and all. However maybe he's just showing his maturity and love for the sport by stepping away.
    I say congrats, thanks and good luck.
    wheres Mondale when you need him?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    However Kyle Petty needs to confess why he is really out of his car !
    What business is it of ours whats happening to him personally. If he has something going on its up to him if he wants to talk about it and share it.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Clifford was Bobby Allison's son killed in an accident at Michigan in 1992 (a year before Davey's terrible accident). Kyle's son Adam died in a crash at New Hampshire in 2000.
    I like Kyle in the booth. He is knowledgable about the sport and the name Petty is a link to NASCAR's past. He's got an impossible task of replacing BP (still expect to hear MacMary every time Jamies on screen!) but has done well so far.
    Message to Ganassi - Get Sterling in the #40 full-time. Those were the days.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Stan, I have NO idea where you think Petty is sick. I know many of you agree that no race driver wants to get out of the car, but the point is, Kyle likely would have retired a year or so ago if Adam had not passed. Kyle is only driving because PE was not finacially able to really hire a good driver to replace him, and to go to one car now would be the end of Petty Enterprises. The business model and rules of NASCAR have made one car teams almost impossible, so Kyle has been driving to keep the team going. Now that Robbie Loomis has a handle on making the two Petty teams competitive, or at least not below 35th on the points, he can look to retirement, and with all the old NASCAR drivers out there, he cannot get into that booth fast enough. I like Kyle in the booth, and as he relaxes in the role, the stories will come. There isn't a classier guy in NASCAR and likely none smarter.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dwboogityfan
    Clifford was Bobby Allison's son killed in an accident at Michigan in 1992 (a year before Davey's terrible accident). Kyle's son Adam died in a crash at New Hampshire in 2000.
    I like Kyle in the booth. He is knowledgable about the sport and the name Petty is a link to NASCAR's past. He's got an impossible task of replacing BP (still expect to hear MacMary every time Jamies on screen!) but has done well so far.

Thank you for correcting me. I sometimes get the two confused.
    wheres Mondale when you need him?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    Sure, it makes sense for Kyle Petty to get out of the racecar & do some announcing .....
    It's not like Kyle Petty has a chance of ever winning another race .....
    Yeah, Kyle Petty needs to hang-up his driving gloves & grab a microphone.
    Coke 600 ring a bell

he had a good car and was running with the leaders, if the 2-3 cars ran out of fuel (don't remember) Kyle would've been in Victory lane.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)