Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
Some math for an overall perception of the problem. Please don't kill me for using very rough estimates. If there are better numbers, I will happily adjust the results.

If we have 10 WRC cars doing 350 km of stages at average power consumption 150 kW (no idea how it would be in reality) and 1000 km of liaison at average 30 kW, doing some 100 km/h average on stage and 50 km/h average on liaison, and if we consider to have 20% unused battery in reserve, we get roughly 1400 kWh per car. That means you need 7 of these trucks for the ten cars per WRC event.

Let's add for example 150 km stage length for PET and shakedown and you get to 9 of these charger trucks needed, i.e. nearly one per each car.

Is that feasible to have? I don't know to be honest.
I don't see why anyone would want to use a battery truck to charge battery cars. It doesn't have to be green, they just want to be able to tell people that its green.

500kw generators are commercially available on trucks. If they put one on every stage start and allow a short fast recharge, they could start each stage with a full battery.