Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
Travelling around the regions during one event is never going to happen again (like the RAC days).

One region has to be the main place and source of funds with maybe a short venture to one other area (like a city stage, of a couple of stately homes).
If I win the lottery, it'll definitely happen.

Seriously though, while I don't think it's likely, I don't think it's impossible. The easiest option is a single region event, hopefully rotating between different regions, funded almost wholly by the public. But that relies on regions providing quite a large amount of public funding for an event which doesn't really tick any of the right boxes in the 21st Century... I think it'll become almost impossible for any regional Government to justify funding a rally so dearly when wider public policy is so anti-car, particularity ICE powered car, which rallying will be based on for a long time to come. Northern Ireland is probably the safest bet, Wales too as it is so car dependant as a nation and rallying still means something there, but how long before an 'enlightened' group of politicians decide enough is enough? Something other than the current model might become the only option.

Going back to what might have been this year, while it might have been a challenge, the Sunday leg seems to me increasingly like it would have been a massive missed opportunity. That could have been a great opportunity to let Rally GB make a far greater impact on a much wider population, when this could have been one of the few remaining opportunities to sell rallying to the wider public and sponsors. Time is running out for Rally GB, playing it safe is ultimately killing the sport here anyway, so why not put ones neck out?