Threaded View

Liked 792 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    They need to find a better way to right things with these penalties they apply. To me personally a 5 second penalty at a place like Monaco is a severe enough penalty to the driver. But it just doesn't consider what it does to the drivers surrounding that issue. Even if Bottas didn't have to come back into the pits, he would now be behind the driver that ran into him.

I would suggest that they figure out a way to make the driver immediately give up the time on track, placing him back in the pack to wherever that 5 or 10 seconds places him in the field. I think Max had enough pace that if he was to get by Hamilton he might have been able to open up a 5 or more second gap within a few laps. And that would be a complete farce to the race.

As for the rest of the action, nothing much out of the ordinary for Monaco. Most of the position changes were made due to strategy calls, though there were a few good passes on track.

As much as I appreciate the prestige and history at Monaco, I really think it's time for a change. If they can't figure out how to make it a track with passing opportunity, then it should go.
    I agree, it is time for the track layout of Monaco to change. They have to find a way to make it more like Baku with a long enough straight for the effects of DRS to facilitate overtakes. I did not see enough to suggest DRS was effective during the Monaco race.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th May 2019 at 15:40.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare