Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

Speaking about favourites i see that in pickems many have put Tänak first or at least included him in the TOP3. But the truth is that Mexico is his weakest gravel rally IMO (at least results wise and he hasnt shown great speed there either).
I noticed the same. Tänak said in the preview that he likes more the faster type of Mexico roads like El Brinco, and this is where he made the fastest time last year, but the truth is most of the roads are of the slower type. Still, he didn't have a good Deutschland result either before winning it last year.

I'm putting my money on Ogier. He knows how to handle these conditions and is the best of driving super clean with the low power and he isn't even the first on the road. Last year he was really up there although the car was new to him on gravel. Now he has had a year of setting it up more to his tastes.

Loeb will benefit from his starting position and has a winning car, but he has been too long off from gravel rallies, it takes some time to settle in. Also, he might be getting too old to handle the super fast reactions needed for these new WRC cars.

Meeke will be fast but will he finish?

Also, it's another question on whose car will handle best the conditions. Last year after El Chocolate 1 we had all cars with some sort of problems except Meeke.