Quote Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
Talk of Paddon doing WRC2 surely is nonsense. Why would it happen? Some of you need to face reality. Until his season went off the rails last year Paddon easily had the measure of both his team mates and also Mikkelsen. I expect 2018 will see a vastly different Paddon to 2017 together with some added reliability in the car. I would expect to see him leading the charge at Hyundai for some years to come.
The problem Hayden has is what has he done since he won in Argentina, over a year and a half ago?

That should've been the springboard for him to go from strength to strength and start competing with the big boys regularly. Instead, he's been off the pace, had lots of crashes, had non existent pace on tarmac and failed to deliver many good results at all (2 podiums since that win? Or 3?)

His form has played a big part in Hyundai not having a shot at the manufactures title more than Sordo's form has, and the time has come where Hyundai need to win titles in the WRC. So it's obvious something had to be changed, and Paddon was the easy target for Spain.

Thankfully he's still got age on his side and can bounce back, and maybe in Wales and Australia he can regain some front running pace. He's also seen his team mate Neuville go through a longish slump and eventually turn it around, so despite their differences, maybe he should have a word with Thierry about what he did to comeback a stronger driver. Hyundai should also know what it takes. He's a really likeable guy and I'd love it if he keeps a fulltime seat next year but things aren't looking too positive right now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk