Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Jr wants to find another championship caliber team, he needs to have his name in the mix now, not 6 months from now when most decisions have already been made. Everyone in the business knew that after May 31st he was going to be a free agent unless a compromise was reached. He just went ahead and told the world that a compromise wasn't going to happen. Maybe he thought he could rattle Teresa's cage and she would change her mind, who knows. Does Dale,Jr deserve to have 51% of DEI, that's debatable. But, Teresa standing firm in her decision not to give it to him might not be the best business deal though. She retains 100% of DEI but the marquee driver will be gone so it is very possible that her 100% will be worth less than her 49% would have been had she given in. Only time will tell. It could be that one of the best things in the world will be for Jr to drive for someone else. Someone who isn't family. Someone who can fire his butt if he doesn't get the job done. Again who knows.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Time will tell. That said, any time your biggest draw for sponsor money walks out the door with such fanfare, short of hiring Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon, you are going to lose marketing clout. Dale Jr. is one of the biggest draws ever in NASCAR and Teresa let him walk out the door because she wont give an inch on ownership. Well, she got her way, but I fail to see how she benefits....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".