Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
    Lovely maybe, but he's already suggested Hamilton had dirty tactics.
    Yes, that's how he came across to me too. Wasn't Seb over a second quicker a lap than the leaders until he caught up with Nico... yet did not bother even having a look?

2. Likes: Mia 01 (28th November 2016)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Yes, that's how he came across to me too. Wasn't Seb over a second quicker a lap than the leaders until he caught up with Nico... yet did not bother even having a look?
    Hamilton had knocked his speed off by at least a second a lap, yet Rosberg didn't "bother even having a look?" No doubt Rosberg was fast in all the same places Hamilton was, so if Rosberg couldn't pass Hamilton then it's hardly surprising Vettel couldn't pass Rosberg in those last few laps. Especially as Rosberg had the benefit of DRS. I don't believe Vettel would have pushed as hard as he clearly did to catch the leaders if he intended to gift Rosberg second place.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Lovely maybe, but he's already suggested Hamilton had dirty tactics.
    Some might say that is rich coming from Vettel then if he has indeed said that. He has after all been punished for unfairly backing up cars behind a safety car for over the allowed distance in the past to gain an advantage. Integrity is earned by living by your word and it pays to remembers ones own behaviour when making claims. Vettel may be frustrated in the red car and feeling the Italian fire underneath him, but he should remember he was a driver to respect not so long ago.

Liked 1,370 Times in 713 Posts
    Had I been the manager of Mercedes F1, I would have sacked Hamilton tomorrow!
    teamplayers like that are not the kind you need!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Regardless of pace Rosberg did not need the risk of attacking Hamilton it would have been daft as it opened up the chance for Lewis to do a Senna. As long as he had 3rd covered it didn't matter. As for Vettel I think he's done some highly questionable things in the past but he was quoted on BBC earlier for Hamiltons dirty tactics so whether that affected his efforts who knows?

Regardless of pace Rosberg did not need the risk of attacking Hamilton it would have been daft as it opened up the chance for Lewis to do a Senna. As long as he had 3rd covered it didn't matter. As for Vettel I think he's done some highly questionable things in the past but he was quoted on BBC earlier for Hamiltons dirty tactics so whether that affected his efforts who knows?
    It doesn't surprise me, Vettel is acting like a bit of a moron of late and letting his frustration get the better of him. Stirring the pot to be part of the headline is all good.

Hamilton should be pleased with how he drove and is getting a lot of credit for his fight. Let's carry this into 2017.

Liked 792 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Had I been the manager of Mercedes F1, I would have sacked Hamilton tomorrow!
    teamplayers like that are not the kind you need!
    If Mercedes sacks Hamilton, it would be a clear as day statement that they manufactured the resulting driver champion of 2016. The race was a fight between two drivers, the constructor title has been won, hence what was left had nothing to do with mercedes really but between Rosberg and Hamilton.

It was disappointing that they felt the need to interfere in the fight for driver's title. Which also suggest that they favour the outcome or have a vested interest in it at least. The sanitized racing that they have enforced with their so called rules of engagement is one reason that this season was a bit dull with no real fight for the drivers title.

In the end, the race ended as it should. And Rosberg regardless of Hamilton's antics still won the title.

I really hope that the pack is truly closer and more competitive next season, It would be great to see the end of mediocre seasons such as this one.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th November 2016 at 20:59.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    If Mercedes sacks Hamilton, it would be a clear as day statement that they manufactured the resulting driver champion of 2016. The race was a fight between two drivers, the constructor title has been won, hence what was left had nothing to do with mercedes really but between Rosberg and Hamilton.

It was disappointing that they felt the need to interfere in the fight for driver's title. Which also suggest that they favour the outcome or have an vested interest in it at least. The sanitized racing that they have enforced with their so called rules of engagement is one reason that this season was a bit dull with no real fight for the drivers title.

I really hope that the pack is truly closer and more competitive next season, It would be great to see the end of mediocre seasons such as this one.
    Indeed, plus nobody wants to see a team sack a driver for fighting with his teammate. That would have put Mercedes in a very poor light. The guy you quoted evidently has never worked in management.

10. Likes: truefan72 (27th November 2016)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Hamilton had knocked his speed off by at least a second a lap, yet Rosberg didn't "bother even having a look?" No doubt Rosberg was fast in all the same places Hamilton was, so if Rosberg couldn't pass Hamilton then it's hardly surprising Vettel couldn't pass Rosberg in those last few laps. Especially as Rosberg had the benefit of DRS. I don't believe Vettel would have pushed as hard as he clearly did to catch the leaders if he intended to gift Rosberg second place.
    I was meaning that Seb didn't even have a look. It was as though he caught up then thought... Nah, Hammy is doing this deliberately, screw him..

Pure speculative potential nonsense from me though.

12. Likes: Mia 01 (28th November 2016)
    Liked 792 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I was meaning that Seb didn't even have a look. It was as though he caught up then thought... Nah, Hammy is doing this deliberately, screw him..

Pure speculative potential nonsense from me though.
    There is also the bad press in Germany to consider by Vettel, particularly if his move lost Rosberg the drivers title. In a sense, you could say Vettel has his eyes on a silver arrow seat, since the red one is not firing on all six cylinders.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

14. Likes: Mia 01 (28th November 2016)