Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Hopefully our British friends will soon understand that the world still needs them a lot and trade and other relations will continue. I guess everybody will be positively surprised to see how much can be accomplished on a bilateral basis without going through international bureaucracy.
    Llibertat

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    And if anyone has any doubts just look at Belarus how much they have accomplished.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    And if anyone has any doubts just look at Belarus how much they have accomplished.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Thats not a nice thing to say.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    My sources in London are saying that immigrants and the EU citizens are being loaded into cattle cars at the Waterloo station as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Give him a credit where it's due, Steveaki. It's a killing argument, isn't it? He got me.

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk
    Llibertat

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Couldn't help it. I have one more. This is the same guy that was gloating around here how he prospers in a war zone. I respect nothing more than the 'words of wisdom' of a guy that prospers on other people's misery and is quite proud of it.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    But Benny....
    Our country has forces in that war zone. Aren't you proud of it?

They die like heroes there, they're decorated post mortem, but we both know they were there for money.

She's right, I served right next to Romanians, just for the record. I believe I also contributed to the rebuilding of that poor country by doing a civilian job there. At least the locals said thank you to me.

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk
    Llibertat

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker View Post
    As for myself, I absolutely detest the EU and the amount of useless EU officers working in Brussels, whose daily jobs consist of talking, drinking coffee and doing 25 minutes of work as slowly as possible. And I could keep on going what else I detest about EU. But sadly, the alternative is even worse.

The alternative IS even worse - 1914-1918 and 1939-1945.

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedoc...0Community.pdf
    CONSIDERING that world peace may be safeguarded only by creative efforts equal to the dangers
    which menace it;

RESOLVED to substitute for historic rivalries a fusion of their essential interests; to establish, by
    creating an economic community, the foundation of a broad and independent community among
    peoples long divided by bloody conflicts; and to lay the bases of institutions capable of giving
    direction to their future common destiny;

- Treaty constituting the European Coal and Steel Community (1951).

http://europa.eu/about-eu/eu-history...9/index_en.htm
    The European Union is set up with the aim of ending the frequent and bloody wars between neighbours, which culminated in the Second World War. As of 1950, the European Coal and Steel Community begins to unite European countries economically and politically in order to secure lasting peace.

- The history of the European Union: 1945 - 1959, from the "About the EU" page.

I'd rather useless EU officers talking, drinking coffee and doing 25 minutes of work as slowly as possible, than those same people working in nativist offices apart from each other, working out how to kill their neighbours as efficiently as possible.

The European Union is incompetent and impotent and deliberately so. The EU was designed as a make work exercise for precisely the same reason that the United States decided to send twelve clowns to the moon.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

10. Likes: janvanvurpa (29th June 2016),Tazio (29th June 2016)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    The alternative IS even worse - 1914-1918 and 1939-1945.

The European Union is incompetent and impotent and deliberately so. The EU was designed as a make work exercise for precisely the same reason that the United States decided to send twelve clowns to the moon.
    1) i see you are sure that the future of humanity is firmly wedded to the Earth. Good luck with that.
    2) Canada, Mexico and the US. Haven't had a war between these countries in well over a hundred years. How come we can do it but Europe can't?
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

12. Likes: Rudy Tamasz (29th June 2016),steveaki13 (29th June 2016)