Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
All fine and well, except -to twist this argument around a bit... this thread only came about because some people seem to be getting all twisted about a bloke in a suit standing by a race car, and start whining about foolish political correctness gone mad by gawd it's 2015, who cares ?
I dunno, the 'faux sensitivity' seems spot on to me. Because that's what it is. I can't count the number of times well-known people made PC remarks only to be caught out in the undertow of a thought-process later exposed to indicate otherwise.

LBJ, Sharone Stone, whoever, it doesn't matter, since - as this thread indicates - it's about people. People, at any social level, will say or do things not necessarily to benefit others, but to make themselves feel good.

If let's say, the sport is indeed promoting lifestyles/"tolerance" then for instance, I would like to see how the F1 community would handle another curb-crawling case, similar to Scheckter's.

Illegal? Yes, in some countries at least. Unethical? That would depend on one's perspective, of course.