Thread: Old racers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The very same.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For forum info:
    this is what I am doing at present:
    I coach/engineer/generally look after the following drivers:
    Matt Jackson/Andy Jordan/Mel Healey/Tim Bevan/Stefano Hodgetto.
    In addition,I am a consultant for Fionna Leggate/James Pickford and help and advise Danny Watts and a few more of my mates!
    In between,I instruct at Silverstone(mainly in Ferrari 360's).
    Regarding the Matt Jackson arrangement,I do as above,plus race strategy/tyre useage and am the direct link via radio to Matt when on circuit;basically,I am driving the car with him!
    Many ask if I am going to race myself again,well,thats possible,but it has to be a car that 'lights my fire' and deserves respect(aussie V8 would do the job),as I have driven virtually everything up to and including a few F1 cars,so at my time of life it has to be very quick and meet fairly recent safety levels.I have tested the clios pre-season,and yep,no problem with being 'on the pace' myself,but I have my hands full with my drivers;I am still racing,but on the pit wall or spotting on a bank somewhere!
    Days off?....chugging down the Stratford canal on my narrow boat...a COMPLETE opposite to cars and speed....brilliant.The Lister diesel sounds as
    sweet as a F1 Ferrari at 19000!
    All we need now is to get Stef in a Touring car.
    rev.limit

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    never have thought of you as a narrowboat person, bit like caravanning but in slow motion

Agree totally about Stef, he definately deserves a chance at a higher level must be gut wrenching to see him struggle for ££££
    2009, Jonathan Adam BTCC, marshal at Knockhill Orange dont be seen trackside without it

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    is the idea to pass of Stef as an Italian these days to try to get him a drive (Stefano Hodgetto?)

he certainly seems to be doing all the right things so far in the clio's, that'll put him in the front of peoples minds at the very least.

Hows Andrew Jordan doing, i'm expecting him to do very well, but i imagine its a steep learning curve for him and up against some very quick and experienced fwd racers in the clio's this year?
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Andy is a great lad,loads of car control and pace,however he hasn't spent the time in karting compared to others(like Stef),and therefore just needs more racing to enhance his racecraft,but he is certainly getting there and Stef and Andy are pretty good mates;quite ironic really,as stefan has been doing some tuition with him since Sep 06!
    Quite a nice podium at Thruxton,as Stefan looked after Ben Winrow last year in the Seat's,just needed Andy there as well,but that will come soon I hope.
    rev.limit

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The mad monk
    All we need now is to get Stef in a Touring car.
    If you can't do that... then there's no justice!

It's where he should be.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great sites those, excelant for a bit of window shopping, you can forget autotrader and eBay, i want a race car now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This could be worth checking on occassionally.

http://www.racecarwarehouse.co.uk
    Supertouring Forever and Ever...