Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
Isn't it funny? This thread was meant for discussing the latest movie releases and we keep talking about the old movies....
Also funny is that I never watch TCM ( I get this channel only between 10 pm and 6 am).
You made me curious about this Philly Story and I found it online with Romanian subtitles. It's too late to watch it now but definitely I'll do it these days. Also find the Searchers online.
About Katherine Hepburn, I think she was a great actress but always had a sort of old look. Loved her in The African Queen and in The Rainmaker ( what movies....what actors.....)

And now surprise, surprise....On one of our public television channels we'll have The Mummy with Boris Karloff. As a youngster I dreamt of watching one of these old horror movies. Wonder if I'll get scared.....
Gadjo dilo, I didn't know this was for new stuff so I looked and here is the first post:
Post your thoughts on the latest movie releases, upcoming blockbusters and anything else, well, movie related!
So we're OK ( thank goodness!)

The Mummy won't scare too...too much..

I have been watching movies from all over the world for well 60 years but in recent years with wikipedia and you-tube there is so much to be discovered...
I have been delighted and surprised at the work of "the Archers" ...a partnership of English Michael Power and the Hungarian/English emeric pressburger..
See
Michael Latham Powell (30 September 1905 – 19 February 1990) was a renowned English film director, celebrated for his partnership with Emeric Pressburger. Through their production company "The Archers", they together wrote, produced and directed a series of classic British films, notably 49th Parallel (1941), The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943), A Matter of Life and Death (1946, also called Stairway to Heaven), Black Narcissus (1947), The Red Shoes (1948), and The Tales of Hoffmann (1951)
Every one of those are all wonderful--and every one different...
I can barely think of "A Matter of Life and Death" without choking up, (even now just writing this I have to pause) ...so creative, so exciting, and for an lifetime romantic so touching..

Another wonderful film is:
I Know Where I'm Going! in all these you have to loosen your mind and put yourself into the time they were released---and really look at all the various messages...

Trust me!