Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Well, well, well. Previous to this season. Despite being swamped Vettel's success, and the authority of Alonso's results at Ferrari (which have affirmed his status as the outright best driver in the world), the Hamilton minions (hehehe) always comforted themselves by saying Hamilton was the fastest driver, possibly sharing the title with Vettel, but he just never quite had "the best car".

Well, today's qualifying means at the end of this season, at worst, Rosberg would've comprehensively out-qualified Hamilton 11-8. But it's not definite it'll be that, it's still likely to be 12-7 after ADGP qualifying!

Just think, so far it's 11-7

Let's face it, Rosberg has been stiff this season. To have out-qualified Hamilton so often, and not have the races go his way.

I just wonder of the factors are at play, that we're not aware of? Aside from the politics, which seem to favour Hamilton, could it be that the senior engineers hired to work for Hamilton are better than Rosberg's? That's why Hamilton have such an impressive race results record this season? I mean, previous to this year, Hamilton would never win races by stealth, like he has this year. Normally, on the specific days, the car would be hooked up, and Hamilton would blast out in front and lead. What has happened in recent races is not what Hamilton is

Remember at America, Hamilton led the timesheets all weekend, only for Rosberg to bang in the banzai lap in q3. Considering Vettel's form this year, which has proven his exaggerated career results to be just that. Rosberg is now, clearly, the fastest driver in the world atm, despite how unfashionable that will sound. Will the F1 historians acknowledge this fact? Will the Hamilton underlings acknowledge this fact, even if it's begrudgingly? 11-7

I don't know, something very suss here.
    this is by far the most dubious post i've read since the days of st.devote?
    btw is that you?
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 650 Times in 514 Posts
    Can't be St Devote (every ones fav member especially Tamb') JR doesn't go on and on, getting all orgasmic over "Jense"
    May the forza be with you

3. Likes: steveaki13 (9th November 2014)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Haha it's hilarious how threatened some people on this forum are.

Anyway, back to today's qualifying, Lewis and Nico have been very level in qualifying this year. Two mistakes by Lewis (Britain and Austria, fire in Hungary, brake failure in Germany and Rosberg cheating in Monaco (which Brundle said on commentary yesterday he now believes Nico did on purpose) have all cost Lewis in qualifying. If you really look at it they have been pretty much on the same level all year. It's no big conspiracy & reallynot a big deal that Hamilton lost the qualifying trophy. I doubt he is going to lose any sleep over it.

Liked 686 Times in 481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Well, well, well. Previous to this season. Despite being swamped Vettel's success, and the authority of Alonso's results at Ferrari (which have affirmed his status as the outright best driver in the world), the Hamilton minions (hehehe) always comforted themselves by saying Hamilton was the fastest driver, possibly sharing the title with Vettel, but he just never quite had "the best car".

Well, today's qualifying means at the end of this season, at worst, Rosberg would've comprehensively out-qualified Hamilton 11-8. But it's not definite it'll be that, it's still likely to be 12-7 after ADGP qualifying!

Just think, so far it's 11-7

Let's face it, Rosberg has been stiff this season. To have out-qualified Hamilton so often, and not have the races go his way.

I just wonder of the factors are at play, that we're not aware of? Aside from the politics, which seem to favour Hamilton, could it be that the senior engineers hired to work for Hamilton are better than Rosberg's? That's why Hamilton have such an impressive race results record this season? I mean, previous to this year, Hamilton would never win races by stealth, like he has this year. Normally, on the specific days, the car would be hooked up, and Hamilton would blast out in front and lead. What has happened in recent races is not what Hamilton is

Remember at America, Hamilton led the timesheets all weekend, only for Rosberg to bang in the banzai lap in q3. Considering Vettel's form this year, which has proven his exaggerated career results to be just that. Rosberg is now, clearly, the fastest driver in the world atm, despite how unfashionable that will sound. Will the F1 historians acknowledge this fact? Will the Hamilton underlings acknowledge this fact, even if it's begrudgingly? 11-7

I don't know, something very suss here.

And how many points does qualification give a driver?

From a haters perspective, Rosberg is a better driver as he had done better in qually. Over a race distance, Lewis has got the better of him with 10 wins to only 4 wins for Nico. Which statistic matters more, and who leads the title standings?

Nico is still in the title fight, but really the Abu double is about the only thing keeping him there. He has done well this season and may yet pull it off. But I'd suspect that being a Hamilton hater could well end up in tears for you this year. It's not him that has to turn the tide, and a pole positions battle isn't the deciding factor in the WDC.

6. Likes: A FONDO (9th November 2014)
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Haha it's hilarious how threatened some people on this forum are.

Anyway, back to today's qualifying, Lewis and Nico have been very level in qualifying this year. Two mistakes by Lewis (Britain and Austria, fire in Hungary, brake failure in Germany and Rosberg cheating in Monaco (which Brundle said on commentary yesterday he now believes Nico did on purpose) have all cost Lewis in qualifying. If you really look at it they have been pretty much on the same level all year. It's no big conspiracy & reallynot a big deal that Hamilton lost the qualifying trophy. I doubt he is going to lose any sleep over it.
    Well, you seem one of the threatened people, if this post is anything to go by. I can't believe that people still perpetuate the 'cheating in Monaco' theory. The move was cleared by the stewards as a normal driver's mistake and looking at how hard Mercedes came down on Rosberg after Spa for what the stewards did not even deem worthy of an investigation as it was a normal racing incident, do you really think they would have let him get away with outright cheating their golden boy out of pole position in Monaco?

The politic shambles within the Merc team are rather ridiculous this year. It's been rather obvious that the 'Shambolic Three' - Lauda, Wolff and Lowe - are desperate to see Lewis win the title or they'll be in hot waters with the board of directors (which includes two mucho communistical trade union leaders), as they would have to answer rather uncomfortable questions as to why they pay Lewis gobs of money if Rosberg could do the same for a fraction of the salary.
    Since Spa Rosberg hasn't been the same. The only thing known about the 'undisclosed disciplinary measures' they imposed on him are a hefty fine and the order to chuck a race, which he did at Monza, obvious enough to cause speculation. What ever else they whacked him with, it's obvious that he's not been the same since then, basically rolling over for Lewis or outbraking himself. And there's the 'invisible contaminant' of course.

It's too bad - Merc has two fantastic racers. They should have just let them run their races without meddling.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

8. Likes: Tazio (9th November 2014)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not too long to go now and I think this race will be a classic. Anybody got any weather forecasts?

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    My preferred outcome of this GP: the Mercedes cars take each other out and continue from the back while licking their woulds. Massa wins. Brazil declares a national holiday.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    lol some of you!

If it's taken Martin Brundle six months to decide Rosberg "cheated" during Monaco qualifying. The it's one or a combination of

- The incident is so insignificant, you cannot be certain to claim it to be anything more than benefit of the doubt. (Which I assume reasonable fans think)

- He's talking to his "audience"

- He's been commentating to long, and it's time to move on.

- He's a idiot.
    Last edited by journeyman racer; 9th November 2014 at 14:24.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    The politic shambles within the Merc team are rather ridiculous this year. It's been rather obvious that the 'Shambolic Three' - Lauda, Wolff and Lowe - are desperate to see Lewis win the title or they'll be in hot waters with the board of directors (which includes two mucho communistical trade union leaders),
    Forget the F1 stuff. I'm interested to know more about the MB hierarchy?

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    as they would have to answer rather uncomfortable questions as to why they pay Lewis gobs of money if Rosberg could do the same for a fraction of the salary.
    If the MB BoD is a hardened as you make out they are, then there should be some difficult questions asked anyway. If MB had replaced Hamilton for a reasonable driver at $1m pay, they'd still be WCC and 1-2 in the WDC.

Is there anything other than your word to claim Lauda, Wolff and Lowe are as desperate for Hamilton to win, as you say they are?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I have to be out while the race is on......damn

So I will be watching a hour or so delayed.

Thus won't have the company of you guys.

Enjoy the race
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy