Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    Thing is, Prodrive intended to run a customer car...
    That was their 2008 proposed entry. For 2010 it was a customer engine only, or so I believe.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see Mannor F1 have made an entry for 2015. Can they pull this off?

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Someone seems to have pointed out the prize money situation to the administrators... http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/11/19/m...-to-abu-dhabi/

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    I'm confused. So will the team be at Abu Dhabi or not?
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    What a shame. Something needs to be done to allow people to pursue their dreams...
    like getting more money?

Although I am sentimental about stuff like this (sometimes), it is also worthwhile to look at it in a pragmatic way..what exactly did Marussia bring to the table...it has happened before and will happen again. Another backmarker will take its place someday.

on a side note, Mallya is pursuing his dream of a F1 team by pumping money/selling stakes to other equally dubious companies while keeping employees in his airline company away from their salaries for months
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post

Although I am sentimental about stuff like this (sometimes), it is also worthwhile to look at it in a pragmatic way..what exactly did Marussia bring to the table...it has happened before and will happen again. Another backmarker will take its place someday.
    Sorry Storm old pal, but I think you have it slightly wrong.

I get that Marussia were not legends of F1. You may say that Minardi didn't bring much to F1, but in my opinion they were fantastic for F1.

Minardi and many other small teams, may not get shown on the TV that much, but they add drama and good racing down the field, which at live events adds alot to a spectators spectacle.

Also I think its clear that its less and less likely that "another team will show up" I mean the costs these days mean teams cannot just be set up and race in F1 for a few years.

Now its extremely rare to have a new team enter F1. Go back 20/30 years and we still had incredibly small outfits able to enter F1 at the back and add to the racing.

Afterall IMO 26 cars racing even if in almost 2 catergories (i.e 16 competative cars and 10 slower cars) is better than 16 cars all told.

I want more cars for more racing. Simple as that. F1 these days will never allow this though because its too expensive just to get an entry
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

9. Likes: rjbetty (28th November 2014)
    Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post

I get that Marussia were not legends of F1. You may say that Minardi didn't bring much to F1, but in my opinion they were fantastic for F1.

Minardi and many other small teams, may not get shown on the TV that much, but they add drama and good racing down the field, which at live events adds alot to a spectators spectacle.

Also I think its clear that its less and less likely that "another team will show up" I mean the costs these days mean teams cannot just be set up and race in F1 for a few years.

Now its extremely rare to have a new team enter F1. Go back 20/30 years and we still had incredibly small outfits able to enter F1 at the back and add to the racing.

Afterall IMO 26 cars racing even if in almost 2 catergories (i.e 16 competative cars and 10 slower cars) is better than 16 cars all told.

I want more cars for more racing. Simple as that. F1 these days will never allow this though because its too expensive just to get an entry
    Hear hear! Bring back prequalifying and 20 teams!
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

11. Likes: steveaki13 (28th November 2014)
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post

Aye I agree, gone are the days when an F1 team could be set up with a car built in someones garden shed, I mean look at 1989, we had 20 teams running 39 cars and 16 of those teams managed to score points (one of the smaller teams even got on the podium once), we will never see those likes again and to me, that is sad.

Nowadays you need a hi-tech factory, a staff of at least 250 to even function properly, be required to run 2 cars (some teams in the late 1980's ran only 1 car) and have a large 8 figure budget to satisfy the FIA's financial suitability criteria. But that doesnt account for the cost of your engine deal, we know those Hybrid units cost four times as much compared to the V8's of old so no wonder teams are struggling, even looking at budgets, Marussia went under despite having a reported annual budget of £60million, which would have been more than enough to fund a championship winning team say 20 years ago.

And its worse if youre a completely new team, youll have to pay for your own travel and freight to races unless you finish in the top 10 in 2 out of 3 seasons, and even then that prize money is withheld for 12 months.

The whole process just absolutely stinks. and when Haas enter in 2016, I just hope they dont go the same way
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

13. Likes: jens (29th November 2014)