Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
I can't count. I have 11 in a Top Ten.

Sébastien Loeb - 7 WRC Championships
Jacky Ickx - 6 Le Mans 24 Hours, 1 Spa 24 Hours, 8 F1 victories, 1 Bathurst 1000
Eric van de Poele - 3 Le Mans 24 Hours, 5 Spa 24 Hours
Mario Andretti - 1 F1 Championship, the Daytona 500, USAC national dirt track champion, 24 Hours of daytona, an Indy Car Championship and 1 Indianapolis 500.
Graham Hill - 2 F1 Championships, 1 Spa 24 Hours, 1 Indianapolis 500
Tom Kristensen - 6 Le Mans 24 Hours, 5 12 Hours of Sebring
Michael Schumacher - 7 F1 Championships
Alain Prost - 4 F1 Championships (should have been 7)
No, it's easy. I'm right here

I'll bite... To begin, I'll dare to say it should not have been 7 for Prost. It seems like Prost fans now have some kind of Schumacher envy? Prost won 4, and the 1989 one was extremely controversial as he initiated the championship deciding collision at Suzuka and the behind the door politics at FIA ensured that Senna is disqualified from Suzuka, thus unable to challenge for the title. So formally Prost won 4 titles, but it really should have been 3 IMO. Should have Prost won the 1990 title? I don't think so, not with the lane swap at the starting grid that he was granted at 1990 Suzuka GP.

In fact, I can argue the reverse. If Senna lived and raced to the age of Mansel's or Prost's retirements, he could have easily eclipsed Fangio and our days's Schumacher. Senna won 3 WDCs, but it could have been 6 since he died still too early in his career. Had Senna not died and stayed in Williams from 1994 on, he could have a chance to win 1994, 1995, 1996, and 1997, since Williams was a dominant car from the late 1994 for years, exiting the world of F1 with 6-7 titles to Schumacher's 5-6 titles.

In conclusion, long live Prost-Senna rivalry!