Very interesting opening three races.

Jason Plato back to his old self, and despite what I think was perhaps a penalty-worthy incident in race 1, you can't fault his efforts in bringing that MG to the top step of the podium in Race 3. Andy Neate was nowhere for most of the weekend, so you must say that a lot of that performance must have been from Plato himself (although it could be argued that Neate's car was the less prepared of the two). But, as I said, his move at Paddock in Race 1 was almost a rookie error; the kind of thing you might have seen Nash and the like getting punished for a few years back.

The Hondas have proved very interesting; they do lack the straight line speed but I'm sure with a bit of turbo re-balancing we will see them win plenty more this season. Shedden couldn't have had worse luck this weekend; I'm really rooting for him this year as he is the one driver on the grid this year who really should have won a championship by now.

Fair play to team eBay and WSR for winning the opening race; in a race without safety cars those machines are really quite fantastic just about everywhere on the circuit, but warming up their tyres after restarts is still a problem that seems to plague them. Collard could be a dark horse this season. Although, we've seen Collard perform well at the start of seasons before and gradually drop back. Hopefully WSR can squeeze every last drop of performance out of the old chassis and new engine to keep themselves in the running.

A special mention has to go to John 'Businessman not racing driver' Thorne who managed to throw his car at every piece of grass at Brands Hatch. I don't know if it's the car or if he is really struggling, but either way a lot of work needs to be done there!

Oh, and Toby Moody: He seemed very much to be sticking to his notes while commentating. If I hear him say 'the 888 guys have done a great job to get that (squeaky voice) BRAND NEW car on the grid this weekend' we may have a falling out. I'm sure he'll improve over the season, but whoever made the Alan Partridge comparison has got it spot-on for the moment!