You would be forgiven to think the rally world in Australia has gone mad of late.
- Targa High Country, Jason White wins by driving his Lambo up Mt Buller on fire to win the event.
- Targa Wrest Point, 2 cars plunge into the Huon river from a 10-15 metre drop.
- Rally Calder, Aston Martin Vantage heavily damaged when colliding with a concrete barrier.

Hopefully Targa Tasmania will restore some sanity and normality to the Aussie rally world!!!! So much of this event has changed in 2012.
- Day 0 has the practice stage then Prologue at George Town
- Day 1 has been reversed and lengthened.
- Day 2 has been reversed (breaking 20 year tradition)
- Day 3 now goes from Launceston to Strahan
- Day 4 is a North West loop, a huge day starting and finishing in Strahan and see's the return of Pieman Road.
- Day 5 sees the monster 58km Mt Arrowsmith retained, and a new stage in the Midlands.

8 tyres are also now allowed for all crews (except Rookie class) which can be interchanged at any time.

I am making my competition debut on the big stage in the nav seat in the Rookie Modern Class.

#144. Shane Russell / Mitchell Newton - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 1 RS

Shall be an exciting 3 days for me (0, 1 & 2) running with Shane who is currently rebuilding the car. It is an ex. Group A Ralliart Australia built car which will have the turbo restrictor removed for this event. Hopefully will have it done up as a replica 1993 Monte Carlo car Hopefully we can come out on top in the Rookie!

http://youtu.be/xwDpjBfKZzo

Who else is going?