Quote Originally Posted by COD
Hänninen made good times, but too many mistakes. Disapointments surely Carlsson and Sordo. Also the big fuss about Norwegian youngsters Mikkelsen and Östberg was a bit premature, they showed nothing special to mee.

Mikko's great drive was a positive surprise, Henning was good on day 3, but before that I reallyexpected him to show more. On the other hand, it's Henning so....

Marcus was a bit down the whole weekdend. And it was just refreshing to see Loeb make mistakes. Gardemeister good and Latvala fairly good, not as good as hyped here by many in my opinion. And Pons made a big leap from Sweden, pity he too made a mistake like Hänninen and Gardemeister. Maybe Mitsu hard to drive?
I think your arguments are a bit odd. You bash Henning and Carlsson - who made good performances and stayed in the rally. Then you praise Pons and Gardemeister who went fast - but also TOO fast. Rally is about going fast AND getting to the finish. In my eyes Carlsson was slow sometimes (friday - going first on the road in deep snow on saturday excuses the saturday) and Henning sometimes, but I rank their performance better than Pons, Gardemeister, Hänninen and many other drivers - because they all made mistakes. For sure Henning and Carlsson could have gone faster if they too were willing to risk going off...

Mitsu hard to drive? No, Carlsson got third last year and others has proven it can perform. They just went too fast.

However I agree about Hirvonen. He was just really impressive!