Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
for all the saftey things Nascar tries to claim, how can they possible put peoples lives in danger in that situation, 99% of the time, it may be safe, but that 1% can be tragic for the Crew members, Nascar officials, anyone one pitroad.
NAscar only took safety seriously after Dale Earnhardt died. They did not get involved with any of the moves the other racing series were making to share information, eg F1 & IRL & Champcar were sharing info for quite some time and NASCAR refused to get involved.

Safety to NASCAR is about protecting your assets, not keeping people safe.

Therefore, as Dale Jr is their biggest asset, turning a blind eye to pit road speed limits and the safety of the people on pitlane is acceptable as it was to the benefit of their biggest asset and the 'show'. No-one got hurst, so don't do anything. It wasn't only pit road too, he was pelting round the track under caution, with a damaged car and safety crews on track...

Anyone else would have been penalised.

How many debris cautions have we seen over the last several years that saved Jr going a lap down? It became a running joke between me and my brother. As soon as Jr was the last car on the lead lap and the leader was approaching...Bingo.

I'm actually a big Jr fan, but the bias toward him is one of the things I don't like about NASCAR. It's not doing him any favours in the long run. But at least he is showing his true quality now he is with a decent team.