Threaded View

Liked 11,193 Times in 4,442 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    Interesting point. It made me wonder Whats the point of "road relevance" if the coolest thing about race cars is the huge aerokits and modifications? Like, put a nice rear spoiler on my Corsa, make it wider on the tires, some nice Monster Energy colors...
    But naaah, no one is doing that to their road cars. That would be a Success with my 8 year old cousin's school friends but yeah GOOD LUCK with girls from now on.... =P

Maybe a spec rollcage + "build ur car around that" could be a good solution?
    I dont know if a rollcage + engine (whatever) + tires + an aerodynamic bubble is cheaper than a Rally2 car, especially if u could attract little companies building these parts, like in BTCC where they have 3 brands making engines (something like that). Is it?
    IMHO the relevance of the road relevance is a thing of the past.

I'd take it from strictly practical point of view. For WRC team which builds 5-10 cars per year it's definitely easier to build it fully in house from a spaceframe, especially with any kind of hybrid or EV. On the other hand for Rally2 which are being produced in dozens or hundreds it makes more sense to take a stock bodyshell from production and deliver it to some subcontractor which welds a rollcage inside (that's how it's being done anyway).
    Last edited by Mirek; 22nd January 2024 at 16:33.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump