Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
I would have thought that when Ferrari management made it clear no offer was made to Hamilton would put all the rumors to bed. Sure anything can happen in F1, but it's not as if every team wants him on the team for the price he commands, nor does he probably want to race for just any team that offers the right price.

It takes two to tango, and I doubt Lewis is looking to move to any struggling team.

As for the new car, I'm waiting to see how the upgrades work. Time will tell, but Merc themselves have admitted that the Barcelona track would favor the car more than most tracks, and is almost the polar opposite of Canada in terms of setup.

As for Sam Colins, I think he does much better on the tech segments vs anything live or racing related. I know Palmer often has to correct his thinking on race strategy and such. But most of his car related segments seem fairly good. At the same time, I don't take what he says as any more valid than some of the others... he's just reporting what is thought and known about the cars.
As usual, what's new?

Firstly, l would not call Ferrari a struggling team. Like Mercedes, they are trying to understand their car. The upgrades they brought for Barcelona are yet to be analyzed and understood. Sainz's pace in Q3 at Barcelona shows there is untapped performance in that Ferrari, that is not what a struggling team looks like. You may argue, so did Norris, but Mclaren is not struggling either.

I agree Hamilton may well stay with Mercedes but the delay in agreeing terms could suggest that anything is possible in the short term while the contract has not been nailed down.

The Aston Martin upgrade looks interesting. It certainly suggests that they are likely to have a hike in performance if they have their high-speed corning and speed on the straights sorted. If we have a dry running on Sunday, we shall know the relative performance delta between the teams in the lower sharp end of the grid.

On Sam Colins, he does the engineering and technical analysis of the racing; cars etc and Palmer does the racing analysis; strategy, race craft etc. They complement each other perfectly and l really enjoy watching their stuff.