Well I decided to watch it live in the end.. and tbh it was well worth it.
Brundles pitwalk trying to interview various 'stars' that he didn't know (and they him), wrongly identifying them and also being snubbed right left and centre, had my brother and I in stitches. Funniest one yet. Worth the watch if you didn't see it..

Race had more overtakes and mistakes than I expected, still not sure how Lando and Gasly came into contact and who was most to blame but it certainly livened up the remainder of the race.

Not sure why Lewis was pissed at his team for them asking if he wanted to pit for softs during the safety car then for them making the 'wrong decision' All he had to do was ask when those round about him had stopped and what tyres they were on... I'm pretty sure the Lewis of old would have asked that question instead of throwing it back at them. He seems to just be going through the motions when there is no title in sight.

Stark contrast to Russell being situationally aware and previously suggesting they stay out for as long as possible for the chance of a safety car.. which paid off for him. Fortunate perhaps but it shows you can also influence your own luck by actually being fully involved.

I was surprised at Max being able to get past Charles and staying ahead... running lower downforce usually narrows the peak performance window due to higher tyre deg but it was Charles who looked to suffer from that the most. Turned out to be a very tactical battle at the front with two differing setup approaches. Ferrari look to have the better car for qualy but Red Bull the superior race car yet again... Monaco will no doubt favour Ferrari but the more I see, the more I'm leaning towards RB to catch and pass Ferrari in the points very soon... and Max to also catch Charles if they get their still questionable reliability properly sorted.

Still not a fan of the track but it turned out to be a better race than I imagined. 6.5/10