a comment left to Ogier accident YT video:
Rally organizer: "It turned out a bit awkward that Ogier was running away from the cops and it’s clear to me that this could be interpreted from the video that was posted. No, a Toyota representative, who came immediately, is in coordination with the control of the entire rally organization and police together, made a deal to let Ogier go. I guess this cop didn't hear that so it turned out like Ogier was running away from him. There was no need for him to be detained, although the police have the right to exclude the vehicle from traffic, and at the same time from the rally if it is determined that it is unsafe to drive. His door was cracked, but he could continue the traffic so they let him go. The police took his data and the data of the driver of the other car, and they will have another conversation with Ogier later in the afternoon. If they find that he is really guilty, the other driver will pay damages as is done in every other car accident. All cars must have and have car insurance like you and me, fulfilling the European report and the procedures is the most normal"