There's merit in saying Bottas is quicker than Verstappen in isolation. But the point of this thread is to diminish Verstappen, since there's merit in saying that Verstappen is overall inherently more talented than Hamilton.

Verstappen also has an army of idiots that blindly follow him similar to what Hamilton has. They can shout as loud as Hamilton fans can, and they can come up with all the BS reasons why Verstappen is the best, they way Hamilton could. They can also pick holes in Hamilton record which can't be denied by Hamilton fans.

I'll tell you something about Hamilton which his fans can't deny. You'll never hear rumours of him going to RB while Verstappen is there.

Bottas is an interesting one as Zico clearly doesn't rate him at all. Obviously I do, and I think it's possible for him to overcome the position he's in to WC.

Vettel was used as a measure in comparison? What's forgotten though is that Bottas has beaten Vettel driving and inferior car, but has also been beaten by Vettel when driving a superior car.

Bottas has 7 wins, but is diminished because he's driving "the best car", and Hamilton has won a lot more. But in light of confirmation on how F1 teams operate, I think it's best to review Bottas record at MB.

Bottas has 7 wins, and all of them are legit. On those days, he's been the best driver on the day, and distinctly the best MB driver on those days. There's no freebies with his wins. No inheriting the lead when 15 secs behind Hamilton, who then broke down in the latter stages of the race. No "Thanks for helping out Valtteri, I'll handball this race to you in appreciation.". No wins thanks to a change of strategy like Hamilton has.

Now obviously with MB being slanted towards Hamilton, Bottas is swimming uphill a bit despite driving the best car. Because none of his wins aren't tainted, and he's been legitimately the best on the day. I think he should still be thought as a genuine top driver.