Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
Seems to me like they are trying to orchestrate the result. I absolutely would not have pitted. Hamilton would have cleared the lapped cars and bottas would have had to pass them and pass hamilton in the last few laps. This is ridiculous and shambolic on every level. There was no need to pit again. Seems to me they just want to give bottas the win. They would have finshed 1-2 if hamilton stayed out. I'm baffled
Hamilton had 30% deg on all tires with 10 laps to go. He could have gone to the end of the race but would have needed to defend like crazy from Bottas with fresher tyres at the closing laps of the race. I suppose, Mercedes saw that possibility and did not want to risk a fight between their drivers, with one eye on the constructors championship decided to manage the race by putting both drivers apart. It is the sort of racing that l tend to criticize as it robs us of a fight for the win. Especially since the constructors was in the bag even if they have to wait till the next race.