Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
My feeling is Tidemand could do a solid job in a WRC team, somewhere in the Breen-Ostberg ballpark but he doesn't seem so exciting any more with the speed Kalle has shown or how Kopecky took him on for the title this year.
Suninen was never really shining in WRC2 and as far as I recall had usually same or worse speed as Tidemand (different cars though). Hard to tell how Tidemand would/will do in WRC, could do very well or not so good. In any case staying in WRC2 too long means stagnation. If he doesn't do a few rallies in WRC next year he might never move up.
Personally I never ranked him very high, but I would never dare say how he does in WRC.

Rovanpera obviously did very good and together with germany this makes me believe he will do well in WRC when the time comes . I don't think the time should come already in 2019. A few years ago you could do that, do full season just "learning" in WRC like Ogier did in 2009. Nowadays teams expect some results even in first year. I also hope he doesn't get his head full of all those fanboys everywhere that talk about him being next champion all the time. (some WRC-Allive crew joining those atm). That is for me biggest danger for his future.