Thread: Turkey 2018

Threaded View

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Actually, here you can see several stages very close to icmeler, there is very good and cheap taxi connection between Icmeler and Marmaris, or you can even walk.
    So, minimum programme is that there is city stage in Marmaris, Powerstage (14_17), Shakedown, Service and SS10_13 are all biking or even hiking distance from Marmaris. For other stages (SS2, 5, 16), you can use small taxis that travel between towns (Gökce town) and again, you can actually walk to the stages with some effort. But be aware of very hot weather, everybody, take a lot of drink, +35 is note a joke.
    It's almost 8km to service from Marmaris. I'm here now and it was hot today, but only for 2-4 hour window. The evenings are pleasant.

The area is full of British and a mix of Germans, Lebanese and Ukrainians. Every restaurant serves English and Scottish breakfast. It's a complete tourist trap. We walked into a restaurant while a couple was leaving and they said it was the best meal they've had. I looked at my wife, laughed and then told her 5 star food in most parts of Britannia is about 2.2 in the rest of the world besides America where it's probably a 2.5. I've lived on both countries FYI.

I would never come here to vacation, but I sure hope the rally is fun. I have no clue how they are going to organize the city stage. It was crowded as f@ck when we arrived and very very tight. I think the viewing for non VIP spectators will be pure crap. Besides horrible western food and crowded streets with fat drunken tourists, it should be fun.

Oh and we got some showers in the evening yesterday for a good 30-40 mins even though the weather gods said it was completely sunny with zero change of rain...

Bluuford you must be miserable eating here. Estonia has some amazing cuisine..
    Last edited by racerx1979; 10th September 2018 at 19:17.

2. Likes: aykutbilir (12th September 2018),cali (11th September 2018),EstWRC (10th September 2018)