Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
Pontus is very well experienced factory driver with lot of experience in WRC and also some czech events.
I expect you to mean this sarcastic, not to inform me about who Pontus is and what experience he has.
But; It is often mentioned that some rally is very special (in comparison to some average?).
I would like to say that asphaltrally in ex-Czech Republic and Ireland is very special for northern Scandinavian drivers. The reason is because hwat we in Norway, Sweden and Finland call tele, tjele or tćle which means frozen ground. Because of this problem, small or relatively little used roads will always be dirt roads. When the "tćle" goes (melt and disappear), incorrect or poorly constructed asphalt roads will fall apart. When building asphalt roads, these will be relatively good and with good even asphalt everywhere. And in order to withstand the mentioned tele they will also be extremely expensive to build.
For this reason we have very few if any roads, similar to what we meet in, as previously mentioned, such as the Czech Republic or Ireland. It will also be very unfamiliar with several types of asphalt (with different grips) in one and the same stage.