Threaded View

Liked 792 Times in 654 Posts

Suzie Woolf Quits F1

I have to say, l am quite disappointed that the Suzie Woolf quest for a race seat was reduced to a side show at Williams. While it was a brave move initially, it has turned out to be harmful to the causes of Female drivers hoping to get a drive in F1. I think they shouldn't have taken on a female driver if they were not going to be committed to developing her to take a grid slot at some point in the process.

I bid her farewell and only hope Carmen Jorda, Danica Patrick or Simona de Silvestro can pick up the mantle and make it unto the grid in the near future. The idea that female drivers cannot drive F1 cars is ludicrous. If they can go to war and fight in places like Afghanistan and Iraq, fly fighter jets, they can certainly drive an F1 car. We just need a remarkable individual with good intuition and perception, an unhindered conviction to see this. These sort of individuals are few and far between, but l hope they step up in the near future to end this barrier to women racing in F1. The more uninhabited and progressive mentality of Americans have allowed women to race at the highest level in American racing series. Nascar, Indycar etc I suppose Europeans who essentially are the majority participants of the F1 series are yet to embrace the liberated modern day woman in her full capacity.

I think a woman is going to win an F1 drivers championship within 10 years if given the same chance as men to compete. It may sound impossible or ridiculous. The F1 community should take the dare and see what happens.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 5th November 2015 at 16:52.