Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Red face Rahal and Rahal...oh, oh.

So the worst kept secret in Indycar is pretty much fact. Graham will drive for Bobby. Um, I hope this isn't another of the "here we go again" with daddy backing sonny. Oh, their pr machine is trying to make it look like it's all on the professional up and up, but the fact is that this is another example of nepotism at it's finest. Graham lost his sponsor. Gnassi gave him the hook when he couldn't come up with a check (his results were also pitiful) and off we go again with daddy picking up the tab to keep the kid's career alive. I just hope it isn't another "Michael and Marco" show, but I guess we'll see, won't we?
    life is always a crisis, for without crisis, there would be no excitement to life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booger
    So the worst kept secret in Indycar is pretty much fact. Graham will drive for Bobby. Um, I hope this isn't another of the "here we go again" with daddy backing sonny. Oh, their pr machine is trying to make it look like it's all on the professional up and up, but the fact is that this is another example of nepotism at it's finest. Graham lost his sponsor. Gnassi gave him the hook when he couldn't come up with a check (his results were also pitiful) and off we go again with daddy picking up the tab to keep the kid's career alive. I just hope it isn't another "Michael and Marco" show, but I guess we'll see, won't we?
    You could be right, but then again, there were a few occasions when Rahal had a, potentially, race-winning car and Sato stuffed it into the wall. Maybe Graham could be the difference between winning and crashing. Texas last year being an exception!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think time will tell. I do not think the Ganassi situation was quite as one sided as you spelled out. I also think that Graham has showed himself to be somewhat more competitive than Marco. I also think Graham might think he is better than he really is. Last but not least though, I do not think he has found a "home" since NHR and right now going to the family team offers the best opportunity to find a home that will allow him to fully develop and potentially flourish as a driver.

That being said - I would say this is his last chance now....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    He should have gone to Europe

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    BOLD PREDICTION, Graham will win the Indianapolis 500 this year.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    BOLD PREDICTION, Graham will win the Indianapolis 500 this year.
    And if he does David Letterman will be in the winner's circle and in tears.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    And if he does David Letterman will be in the winner's circle and in tears.

Gary
    Shall we start the Top Ten list of things overheard in the winner's circle when Graham Rahal wins the Indy 500?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2IA
    Shall we start the Top Ten list of things overheard in the winner's circle when Graham Rahal wins the Indy 500?
    This is reminiscent of Ed Carpenter's spectacular vitory in the first Freedom 100

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Conor Daly fails to make F1 he will be an Indycar driver with his father's backing. I for one don't feel any angst where Bobby stepping in to give a ride to his son.
    Take the father son aspect out and this is a fine team. Sato ran well all season. However, he is overly aggressive.
    Graham has already won and raced for two teams other than his dad's. What about Marco? Do you feel he would still have a ride if not for the name. His record is akin to the great Danica.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loowisham
    If Conor Daly fails to make F1 he will be an Indycar driver with his father's backing. I for one don't feel any angst where Bobby stepping in to give a ride to his son.
    Take the father son aspect out and this is a fine team. Sato ran well all season. However, he is overly aggressive.
    Graham has already won and raced for two teams other than his dad's. What about Marco? Do you feel he would still have a ride if not for the name. His record is akin to the great Danica.
    Except that Marco actually tries to race other drivers rather than cruising around playing it safe like a certain princess did during her stint in Indycar. He's not great nut he's one hell of a lot more of a racer than the princess who's name shall not be spoken.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.