Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barmy Army

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Barmy Army

Apart from swigging excessive amounts of beer, making a load of unnecessary noise, supporting one of the most ignorant, egotistical and dirtiest drivers in the BTCC. What is the point of the "Barmy Army" ?

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Never heard of it myself, is this a new thing?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Never heard of it myself, is this a new thing?
    No they've been around for some time now mate. Just they get worse each year. Bit like the driving standards of the driver they worship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaRacingFan
    No they've been around for some time now mate. Just they get worse each year. Bit like the driving standards of the driver they worship.

I think it's very unfair to insult people you don't know just because they don't support your chosen Team ... bit childish.

In actual fact they are a great bunch of guys and gals (I've chatted to them on numerous occasions when I have been fortunate to attend a meeting) who travel from venue to venue, enjoy their motor sport and cause no trouble to anyone, they support Plato and a few other drivers but my goodness they have committed a grave sin (in your biggoted opinion) - they don't support Honda.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Why dont you just say exactly what you mean? Ive been watching BTCC since I was 7 and been to Thruxton since 2001 and ive never seen or heard of this barmy army!

And its laughable that you slag off a drivers standards when one of your own always relies on daddy for a driver and contact to get past!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's a group of like minded people meeting up to have fun and do something they enjoy. I see no problem with that at all. After all, this forum had a similar social group 10 year ago, as well as other websites and there was good natured friendly banter between them.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jak
    I think it's very unfair to insult people you don't know just because they don't support your chosen Team ... bit childish.

In actual fact they are a great bunch of guys and gals (I've chatted to them on numerous occasions when I have been fortunate to attend a meeting) who travel from venue to venue, enjoy their motor sport and cause no trouble to anyone, they support Plato and a few other drivers but my goodness they have committed a grave sin (in your biggoted opinion) - they don't support Honda.
    Just for the record mate im a ex Plato fan (RMLCRUZEING82), so don't give me that crap. Also My wife was good friends with alot of the BM members Via facebook, only to get crapped on because she decided to support Honda racing and Flash with myself.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Why dont you just say exactly what you mean? Ive been watching BTCC since I was 7 and been to Thruxton since 2001 and ive never seen or heard of this barmy army!

And its laughable that you slag off a drivers standards when one of your own always relies on daddy for a driver and contact to get past!
    Keep it in the family i say. Neal's earned his place on the grid. So has Plato but my problem with Plato and my wife feels exactly the same, he is a up his own ass these days and treats most of his fans like crap. My wife found that out first hand twice at Oulton park and Croft last year, so she along with myself decided to support drivers that respect there fans.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    It's a group of like minded people meeting up to have fun and do something they enjoy. I see no problem with that at all. After all, this forum had a similar social group 10 year ago, as well as other websites and there was good natured friendly banter between them.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    To be fair, that similar group were awesome :-)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just for the record mate im a ex Plato fan (RMLCRUZEING82), so don't give me that crap. Also My wife was good friends with alot of the BM members Via facebook, only to get crapped on because she decided to support Honda racing and Flash with myself.
    Are u sure that was the reason fella? Jus' sayin'........
    Alright Treacle? ;)

Come on GP! Thrash JP! :champion: (If he ever shows his face) ;)