Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Btcc Tv 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cos

*First 5 meetings: live on ITV2/3/4, highlights ITV1
    *Final 5 meetings live on ITV1
    *Louise Goodman and Ted Kravitz presenting
    Excellent news for us who don't have Sentantatatna or Men & Motors. I do have Freeview which has that Senta-whatsit on it but because it is a TopUp TV channel aswell as maybe being a SKY channel there is no reception so I have to get the TopUp TV settop box which requires me to actually take out the Freeview box.

Glad to see VBH gone. Louise Goodman is far sexier and with Ted will give the presentation team a more professional look to it with Louise and Ted, last I heard, being with the ITV-F1 team too. What has happened to the commentary team Ben Edwards and Tim Harvey?
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak

Glad to see VBH gone. Louise Goodman is far sexier
    Don't know about that
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    What has happened to the commentary team Ben Edwards and Tim Harvey?
    Don't know if this helps to answer your question .....

MOTORING: British Touring Cars Championship
    On: ITV3 (119)
    Date: Sunday 1st April 2007 (starting in 1 day)
    Time: 16:00 to 17:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes long)

Brands Hatch.
    The British Touring Car Championship returns for a new season, and Ted Kravitz and Louise Goodman introduce live motorsport action from Brands Hatch. Matt Neal will be attempting to win a record third consecutive championship, but will have tough competition from the resurgent Vauxhalls of Tom Chilton and Fabrizio Giovanardi, and the SEAT of 2001 champion Jason Plato. Commentary from Ben Edwards and Tim Harvey.

P
    Some days you're the dog, and some days you're the lamppost.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Don't know about that
    Well maybe VBH has a good figure and she is a good laugh but that is just it. The laugh. I don't see myself on a date and coping with that laugh.

btw, your info has helped alot steelrat. My TV paper has the time and of course the channel but not the info.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Is the poor TV coverage anything to do with Michael Grade, cos I found out today he's the controller of ITV and he's a complete ****.
    My top 3 Sports personalitys..
    #1 Andy Priaulx. #2 Pippa Flanders. #3 Ronnie O'Sullivan. (ok maybe not Ronnie)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gow's response to some of the criticism regarding the TV coverage this year from the btcc.net forum:

ITV1 simply couldn't offer us the scheduling they required to do the first five events live - which is why we have it live on their Freeview ITV digital station for those 5 events and also have the alternative viewing opportunities such as live with Setanta, plus the Men & Motors highlights (as well as the ITV1 highlights).

[...] the fact is that with the government moving the entire nation over to digital transmission (some 80% so far use it) then it's inevitable that everything you will receive will eventually be via digital so maybe it's an issue that you need to address in order to improve your Freeview reception quality and/or availability to receive cable or satellite....not just for the BTCC, but for all broadcasting in the future.

As an aside, I think some people may have lost sight of something; The BTCC still has, by far, the most comprehensive four-wheel motorsport TV coverage in the UK (apart from F1)...and, to be frank, that's something we should all still be thankful for - despite some individual niggles that people may have with their reception. Back in the 90's (which many say was the best period of the BTCC, so far) the TV broadcast arrangement we had was far inferior to what is available now. Often they were only a single 20 minute segment and rarely were they live - normally they were shown a week later.

Unfortunately, however, it's impossible to please everyone all the time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah but it is worse than crap if you are a fan of the support races, in my case probably more than the BTCC and cannot be bothered with the football
    2009, Jonathan Adam BTCC, marshal at Knockhill Orange dont be seen trackside without it

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    His quote still hasn't explained why the 25 minute highlights on ITV1 is so pi$$ poor.
    My top 3 Sports personalitys..
    #1 Andy Priaulx. #2 Pippa Flanders. #3 Ronnie O'Sullivan. (ok maybe not Ronnie)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looked at ITV1s schedule for tommorow. They haven't any live or major programmes on between 16:00 and 17:30 so I don't know why they can't put btcc on ITV1. Its just stupid.
    RIP Colin McRae

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    i'm gald that Motors have replaced the live from the track coverage with such quality as well. didn't they say the reason for not taking up the package again this year was as they were a Europe wide channel they wanted to diversify more, not just concentrate on the (highly popular and widely watched) BTCC and support packages.

so what have we got instead today

Some European Drag racing (quite a minority)
    AMA superbikes and supersport, probably recorded.
    V8 Utes (support to the V8 supercars series) recorded from several weeks ago.
    Corr Pro series, which would be ok although the coverage is pi55 poor so its impossible to tell whats going on or what stage of which year they are showing due to the highky edited highlights nature.
    American Le Mans series - a decent profile series, but again unlikely to be live so easy to fit in around something else.
    the only other thing they seem to be showing is adverts for the not so great attractions they've got coming up this year - methinks their viewing figures will plunge, certainly in the UK and likely elsewhere if thats the best they can come up with.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.