Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well....AJ...you just proved that having money and a dream job still doesn't buy ya brains.

He is LUCKY they didn't suspend him a race or two and he better kiss the King's you know what because Richard is pretty serious about his image and alcohol.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    He is LUCKY they didn't suspend him a race or two and he better kiss the King's you know what because Richard is pretty serious about his image and alcohol.
    Yup, that's why he owns a car sponsored by Budweiser.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Well....AJ...you just proved that having money and a dream job still doesn't buy ya brains.

Was he driving his racecar drunk? If not, I don't think that there should be a penalty in the champinship IMO.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Yup, that's why he owns a car sponsored by Budweiser.
    It's really not by choice the Bud sponsored car came with the GEM deal. I also wonder if he's more of a figurehead now, with all the recent deals can he own more than 15-25%?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Was he driving his racecar drunk? If not, I don't think that there should be a penalty in the champinship IMO.
    PR wise it looks bad and NASCAR doesn't like seeing one of their drivers getting nailed with a DUI. NASCAR can punish drivers under something in the rule book called "Actions detrimental to Stock Car racing". Getting busted for a DUI I think qualify's.

I don't want to see AJ banned. Don't want to see him get off scot free either. A one race suspension I think would send a message.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    How times change.
    In the early days of NASCAR a good percentage of the drivers had been, and many still were, involved in the 'shine' trade.
    Again probably half or better in every race were hung over and some still legally drunk.
    With todays rules probably half would be suspended and another quarter on probabtion.
    I am not codoning the old days, nor do I think DUI should go unpunished, although AJ has just been charged not found guilty.
    I just find it kind of ironic knowing the roots of the taxi cab racing.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    How times change.
    In the early days of NASCAR a good percentage of the drivers had been, and many still were, involved in the 'shine' trade.
    Again probably half or better in every race were hung over and some still legally drunk.
    With todays rules probably half would be suspended and another quarter on probabtion.
    I am not codoning the old days, nor do I think DUI should go unpunished, although AJ has just been charged not found guilty.
    I just find it kind of ironic knowing the roots of the taxi cab racing.
    Curtis Turner used to fly around the country with a mason jar of his refreshments. When the jar ran dry, he used to fly his plane to a town, find a road to land on and taxi up to the local establishment or someone who might sell him some shine. Then fly off again. Turner used to race hungover andlikely drunk. THat however was a day that has come and gone....