Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WSBK Brands Hatch

What Monaco is for Formula 1, Brands Hatch is for WSBK, roll on some f**king good races I would say !

I'm sure championship leader Toseland will finally want a win here, sure he's got the bike and talent to do it..
    Biaggi will struggle I think, a new (and probably difficult) circuit will not suit him.. Don't think he'll make it to the podium.
    I think this is the circuit where Haga got the most SBK victories, isn't it? That says enough, Haga will be on fire..
    Bayliss will slam back, just like last year after Brno's difficult races

Race 1:
    1 Toseland
    2 Haga
    3 Bayliss

Race 2:
    1 Bayliss
    2 Haga
    3 Toseland

What do the weather forecasts say?
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    It is always great to see the Superbikes at the Brands Hatch circuit.

My predictions for race 1:
    1 Haga
    2 Toseland
    3 Bayliss

Race 2:
    1 Toseland
    2 Haga
    3 Kagayama

The weather forecast says mostly sunny weather, no chance of rain, 22-24 degrees.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    brits, how far out of london is brands? i'm thinking of planning a motorcyle racing world tour and would like to include a visit to brands.

on topic, my favorite track on the calendar. BY FAR

race 1:
    corser
    haga
    jt

rce 2:
    jt
    bayliss
    kagas
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-D
    brits, how far out of london is brands? i'm thinking of planning a motorcyle racing world tour and would like to include a visit to brands.

on topic, my favorite track on the calendar. BY FAR
    It's about 20 miles from central London, obviously London's a massive sprawl so that distance isn't absolute. Brands is South East from London. It's 35 miles from Gatwick Airport which is south of London, or about 60 miles from Heathrow which is west of London (according to Google Earth, this is). Last year I got from London to the station closest to Brands in less than an hour, although there was a 4-mile walk from there to the circuit. Even so, it's not too bad, and well worth the trip.

Yep, my favourite track too - although unfortunately this year I prob can't make it as have a double birthday party this coming weekend and juggling Brands and the party is unlikely to work. Gutted. (the party was the weekend before last year)
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, predictions.. JT needs a strong showing to get back in Honda's good books after his 8-hour disaster (crashing on one of his first laps out, not smart in an endurance event) .. Bayliss will be hungry after his shocking weekend at Brno and Dean Ellison, at his home race.. will probably continue to battle for last and second last place

Superpole: Corser

Race 1:
    1. Bayliss
    2. Xaus
    3. Corser

Race 2:
    1. Haga
    2. Bayliss
    3. Xaus

WSS:
    1. Jones
    2. Brookes
    3. Sofuoglu

JT to throw it down the road in at least one race, due to the immense pressure he'll be under from Mr HRC to get a result That'll spice the championship up a bit..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patnicholls
    It's about 20 miles from central London, obviously London's a massive sprawl so that distance isn't absolute. Brands is South East from London. It's 35 miles from Gatwick Airport which is south of London, or about 60 miles from Heathrow which is west of London (according to Google Earth, this is). Last year I got from London to the station closest to Brands in less than an hour, although there was a 4-mile walk from there to the circuit. Even so, it's not too bad, and well worth the trip.

Yep, my favourite track too - although unfortunately this year I prob can't make it as have a double birthday party this coming weekend and juggling Brands and the party is unlikely to work. Gutted. (the party was the weekend before last year)
    thanks, pat.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Am still hoping Nori will win the championship this year so here's my picks.

Race 1:
    Haga
    Bayliss
    Toseland
    Race 2:
    Haga
    Toseland
    Bayliss

Nori for pole. mokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chac47
    Am still hoping Nori will win the championship this year so here's my picks.
    I'm hoping Nori will help me win the Forum Fantasy championship!

Race 1
    1. Haga
    2. Toseland
    3. Bayliss

Race 2
    1. Bayliss
    2. Toseland
    3. Biaggi

Superpole - Corser

WSS

1 - Sofouglo
    2 - Parkes
    3 - Brookes
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Superbike
    superpole:Corser

Race 1
    Haga
    Toseland
    Corser

Race 2
    Toseland
    Haga
    Bayliss

Supersport
    Pole: Sofuoglu

Race
    Sofuoglu
    Parkes
    Hill
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Round ten: Brands Hatch, UK
    Qualifying report one

Toseland on top at Brands Hatch

HANNspree Ten Kate Honda's James Toseland started his final home round of the 2007 World Superbike Championship on top form today. The British rider secured the fastest lap of the day during the first qualifying session to secure provisional pole position for Sunday's race. Team-mate Roberto Rolfo ended the day as the ninth fastest rider.

Toseland was consistently fast during the morning practice, beating his own best lap four times in quick succession. The official afternoon qualifying saw nine different riders in the top position on the timesheet, but it was Toseland who dominated the session. The current series leader claimed the fastest lap more times than any other rider to end with a final best time of 1'26.400.

Team-mate Roberto Rolfo focused on getting to grips with the undulating Brands Hatch circuit during today's sessions. The Italian rider is pleased with the progress made to the set-up of his CBR1000RR and will aiming to improve his lap time in the final qualifying tomorrow.

Ronald ten Kate, Team Manager:

"It's been a very positive start to the weekend for us. As with all tracks, being consistently fast is the key factor around here and James has shown that he is capable of this. It's always nice for him to have the support of his home crowd, so a big thank you to them for the extra motivation. We hope he can continue in the same way tomorrow and get a good result for the team and his fans on Sunday. Roby has improved his lap times compared to last year - we hope that tomorrow we'll see him improve even further to aim for at least the second row."

James Toseland:

"Today has been a great start to the weekend and I don't just mean the weather! I feel quite fresh, despite my trip to Japan last week. The team have worked brilliantly together to find the best setting. I am quickest today in qualifying and I'm really gunning for my first double win at Brands this weekend."

Roberto Rolfo:

"I have really enjoyed today because Brands Hatch is a great track to ride. I have improved on last year's times, although it is not so easy to find the best line to be quick around here. I found a good feeling almost immediately on the bike - it is very powerful and it makes riding at Brands a lot of fun. This afternoon I wanted to try for a fast lap at the end of the session, but I was not so good on the last part of the track and I lost some time. In general, we have done some good work and I just need to find some more confidence for the race."

Qualifying times:

1 J. Toseland 1'26.400
    2 T. Bayliss 1'26.625
    3 T. Corser 1'26.746
    4 R. Xaus 1'26.815
    5 L. Lanzi 1'27.268
    6 N Haga 1'27.351
    7 F. Nieto 1'27.507
    8 Y. Kagayama 1'27.544
    9 R. Rolfo 1'27.763
    10 M. Fabrizio 1'27.823