Page 335 of 421 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 4205
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgrafica View Post
    The situation is very simple: the only way for M-Sport or Toyota to get Ogier is to allow him to test the car before signing the contract. If they didn't do it, he wouldn't even talk to them and would already be at Citroen.
    I know You don't want me to respond, but now I'm staring at an empty wall (it is yellow).
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    So Tommi is testing Ogier and talking to Latvala. He's also tested Suninen and is widely believed to have already signed Lappi. Yet he keeps insisting Hanninen is locked in for all 14 rounds.

How good is Hanninen's agent! Or have I missed something here? I get that he's done so much testing but still there are far better drivers at the door. I'd assumed his deal would have immediately been restructured?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

3. Likes: AMSS (25th November 2016),EightGear (25th November 2016),leighton323 (25th November 2016),pantealex (25th November 2016),Sulland (25th November 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Toyota is a bad deal for both ogier and the village team.

Ogier will not be champion again and that piece of junk will earn the reputation that was the car that failed to earn Ogier another title.

Its far better to hire finish useless dogs so they will have the excuse that the drivers are not god enough, or glorify the fact that they might win a stage when none is pushing.

Its a win win situation and then the flop will come far easier.

5. Likes: A FONDO (25th November 2016),Andre Oliveira (25th November 2016)
    Liked 361 Times in 214 Posts
    I agree with NOT

Ogier to M-Sport
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

7. Likes: Andre Oliveira (25th November 2016)
    Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Toyota is a bad deal for both ogier and the village team.

Ogier will not be champion again and that piece of junk will earn the reputation that was the car that failed to earn Ogier another title.

Its far better to hire finish useless dogs so they will have the excuse that the drivers are not god enough, or glorify the fact that they might win a stage when none is pushing.

Its a win win situation and then the flop will come far easier.
    Ok yes N.O.T we've heard it from you 10 times already. No need to keep repeating yourself
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

9. Likes: pantealex (25th November 2016)
    Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts
    On another note, definitely agree with Simmi, I think maybe Makinen is regretting the full programme for Hanninen. But how was he to know the craziness that was to ensue in regards to the VW saga. In my opinion VW's withdrawal has saved Toyota from what could have been a very tough (disastrous?) season for them in 2017.

Now they have the possibility to sign two drivers capable of winning, and one that is starting to show his true worth in Mikkelsen.
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

11. Likes: pantealex (25th November 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    I agree with NOT

Ogier to M-Sport
    are you going to pay for his salary ? because wilson will not.

Liked 2,290 Times in 1,075 Posts
    I'm sure Makinen was quoted as saying that it's very important Juho does all the rounds, so they can get feedback and compare the data to all the testing they've done. They are taking this as a development year whether we like it or not unfortunately.

It's a bit of a shame because if Toyota had a bit of leadership and organisation they could've come into the WRC in 2017 hitting the ground running, like VW did. Instead they've wasted time and resources it seems with the TMG program, that had been testing and developing a WRC car as far back as 2013/14.

I expect it will be one of the VW drivers (most likely Jari), Juho and then Lappi from Corsica onwards who are the drivers for this season, with Suninen maybe in a R5 car + testing the yaris for a year. Reckon he'll then take Juho's seat in 2018.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

14. Likes: Andre Oliveira (25th November 2016)
    Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    So Tommi is testing Ogier and talking to Latvala. He's also tested Suninen and is widely believed to have already signed Lappi. Yet he keeps insisting Hanninen is locked in for all 14 rounds.

How good is Hanninen's agent! Or have I missed something here? I get that he's done so much testing but still there are far better drivers at the door. I'd assumed his deal would have immediately been restructured?
    Perhaps the Lappi deal is testing and the 3rd car on a few rallies? Leaving Hanninen in the lead car and someone else in the 2nd. If none of the VW drivers are signed, Lappi to the 2nd and Suninen as back up in the 3rd car?

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Then again, you can easily argue that Hänninen hasn't had the best possible agent (in the past atleast) as he must be the most accomplished driver (in 2010's) who's never given the chance to drive a full season in WRC.
    Sure it comes a bit late in his career, but I think it's fair he's given his long overdue chance.

17. Likes: Hartusvuori (25th November 2016),Munkvy (27th November 2016),pantealex (25th November 2016),RS (25th November 2016)