Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilieangel489
    That was a really good race! Congrats to Newman! Kasey led a lap and finished 7th so I am happy!
    Yeah, everyone was talking about how fast the Gibbs cars and HMS's cars were and Dodge stole the show.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    Yeah, everyone was talking about how fast the Gibbs cars and HMS's cars were and Dodge stole the show.
    The penske's got lucky with the 2 lap shootout, pity the last 10 couldn't go green all the way. Jr looked to be very strong, his teammates suffered misfortune and was left alone when they all needed teamwork to get to the front.

It was a very good race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    my two(or more cents):

great race, typical Daytona action. exciting beginning, lull during the middle stages, completed by an amazing final 30 laps.

would have never predicted Newman as the victor, congrats to him and the entire Penske organization.
    i believe Kurt Busch drove the race of his career(with respect to Homested 04). his week, let alone the 500, was crazy and all over the place for him.
    Hornish gave a great accounting of himself, though California & Vegas will seal his fate.

Kyle Busch gave this one away. he was bad fast but he'll regret the errors. first sliding thru his pit, then going below the yellow(in turn ruining Earnhardt's race). Kyle Busch is for real and once he reigns his exuperance in will be a huge winner and multiple champion.
    the speculation is confirmed, JGR is the BEST thing to happen to Toyota(besides the CoT). those cars were strong all speedweeks and testing.
    this is only the beginning for them. Vickers' Toyota was also super strong. he'd would have been in the thick of things if he could've recovered his lap sooner. Red Bull will surprise people this year.

Clint Bowyer got screwed. in contrention all the way only to get spun out of the LEAD! i was amazed at how little Fox played into that. IMHO how can you not call the leader getting spun off the lead with 15 to go the turning point of the race? RCR suffered. in position, but nothing to show for it. Burton was a sitting duck and suffered for Busch's impatience.
    yet another year of RCR stepping up(or sandbagging?) for the prize that counts.

Roush and Hendrick were surprises. i figured Matt Kenseth to challengs, but expected little from the rest of Roush. Biffle was a big surprise, he's usually a dud on the restrictors.
    the law of averages finally caught up to the Hendrick team, though aside from Earnhardt and briefly Gordon they weren't that strong today. Johnson was disappointing, while Mears did show up when it counted, but let it go with a poor decision.

again congrats to the 12, it's always nice to be surpised!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice to see Penske run strong... way to go Robby Gordon.

Too bad Junior only 8th, I'd say the pitstop miscue hurt him some. Still the best Hendricks if you can beleive that! Hate his new paint job.

Good run by Hornish. I'm surprised.

The Toyotas might be too good... will we see NASCAR tweaking by mid-year?
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought the first 400 miles were great, and then it turned into a typical, boring, NA$CAR wreckfest.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They should make it more like that. Do you really want all the cars in one big 3 wide pack all day, or do you have a cerebral cortex?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep. Great race. Looked more like the races I remember races before restrictor plates. If the newbie fans who have been attracted to restrictor plate racing are turned off by the return of normal racing at Daytona and Talladega, I will not miss them at all.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just wait for next week at Calibornia.

you want some horrible racing
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Yep. Great race. Looked more like the races I remember races before restrictor plates. If the newbie fans who have been attracted to restrictor plate racing are turned off by the return of normal racing at Daytona and Talladega, I will not miss them at all.
    Damn it CREWDAWG! Look what you made me do! I have to agree with Lee Roy!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I thought the first 400 miles were great, and then it turned into a typical, boring, NA$CAR wreckfest.
    Not completely, the last lap was green, not the 10+ car mesh that usually happens with a few lap restart.