Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TSN to show all Cup, IRL & F1 races in 2008

Article up on AR1 Hot News. No mention of Champcar.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Champ Car dropped TSN a year or 2 ago for crappy coverage. They don't have the rights to CC. The Canadians are happy. CC is on other networks.

This is not news.
    Champ Car Fan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Especially not in the Champ Car forum.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    TSN has terrible race coverage and usually tape delays races. CC should make a deal with CBC to cover all races, that way a lot of US border cities will also get coverage.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguin
    Champ Car dropped TSN a year or 2 ago for crappy coverage. They don't have the rights to CC. The Canadians are happy. CC is on other networks.

This is not news.
    HAHAHAHAHA

You are one funny man. Canadians are NOT any happier now than with TSN. TSN often tape delayed races and when they did finally show the race, 20 or so laps would mysteriously disappear from the broadcast.

Only 3 races a year get decent coverage and of course they are the Canadian races that are broadcast on GlobalTV. As for the rest we either get the US feed which is in the toilet or the SCORE which is TSN junior. SCORE is notorious for not having the schedule right and is off by at least an hour not to mention that bloody ticker that takes up a the bottom of the screen through the WHOLE race.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sanguin
    The Canadians are happy.
    Link? Evidence?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clydekart
    TSN has terrible race coverage and usually tape delays races. CC should make a deal with CBC to cover all races, that way a lot of US border cities will also get coverage.
    CBC did have the rights years ago but races were often shown at around 11pm in their entirety, even Greg Moores crash was shown. But they dropped CC and F1 around 2000.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Link? Evidence?
    From the CC fan website, the Canadians were complaining that TSN coverage was not good, they are happy they were dropped.

I don't see how TSN is going to cover other racing with all the nascar coverage. The other series will take a back seat and that is why CC dropped them.
    Champ Car Fan

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sanguin: I don't know what you have been smoking or what Cdns. you know but I do not know one Cdn. on any forum I am on, or any fan I have talked to at Mosport that thinks 'Scores' coverage is anything but terrible. They chop parts of races, often do not put them on at the scheduled time and have their bloody annoying score ticker taking up the bottom of the screen. Global's coverage of the Cdn. races is not much better.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Sanguin: I don't know what you have been smoking or what Cdns. you know but I do not know one Cdn. on any forum I am on, or any fan I have talked to at Mosport that thinks 'Scores' coverage is anything but terrible. They chop parts of races, often do not put them on at the scheduled time and have their bloody annoying score ticker taking up the bottom of the screen. Global's coverage of the Cdn. races is not much better.
    I don't pretend to know, just what I've read on the forums, the Canadians did not like TSN and were happy it was dropped.They still say it today. I didn't say anything about present coverage. I can imagine its hard to get good race coverage in Canada.

Like I said, with nascar taking over, OW will have a difficult time.
    Champ Car Fan