Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: media day

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

media day

I am considering going to the btcc media day at rockingham this year, has anyone been before if so whats it like? I have seen some videos on you tube and it looks like you can go in the pitlane, if you are just a normal fan, no other passes needed, is this the case? And finally, is it worth a 5-6 hour round trip to go to, any help appreciated, thanks.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes , yeas and yes. probably as close as you'll get to the cars and teams all year. the only time the teams don't have the pressure of racing and reprep!

no offence but it always amazes me that people still go on about how far it is to travel to any circuit.

think about the teams, support, media etc etc, who may travel 6,7 or 8 hours to get to your "local" circuit.

In a car, nowhere in the uk is "too far"!

No matter how far it is come along and enjoy the show, you know you'll love it really!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    785 miles to a touring car race! That's the furthest I travelled last year!

Thoroughly enjoyed the racing!

To Rockingham, if you are a fan, should be a dodle!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Those 2 have described it so well i am speechless LOL Great day out and oppertunity to get a close up look believe me you WILL enjoy.....I'll be there Woo-Hoo!!!
    Silence is Golden!......JP in a TD...CHAMPION!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You not be aloud in the pit lane without a permit, although you can get into the paddock and look in the back of the garages (as with any other race). Rockingham also has a spectator area on the roof of the garages so you can stand up there and look down into the pit area fine.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I spent the whole afternoon in the Pit-Lane without being challenged apart from when testing began and even then managed to get back in and watch tyre changes close up great day....
    Silence is Golden!......JP in a TD...CHAMPION!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    permit how the hell do you get one of those. is it from the teams or something
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    to be honest did not mean it like that, thanks for that will defiantly be going

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last year we got to Rockingham at about 11.15 and they wouldn't let us in - said public weren't admitted until testing began, at 1pm. We just parked by the gate, along with a few other people, and they eventually let us in at about 12, so it was still possible to get into the pitlane. This year, the publicity clearly states that the public won't be allowed in until 1pm, so maybe it won't be quite as easy to get in before that as it was last year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklands78
    This year, the publicity clearly states that the public won't be allowed in until 1pm, so maybe it won't be quite as easy to get in before that as it was last year.
    It was like that last year, we organise to get there for 1pm turned and everyone was already in!