Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your use of the word "use" was a derogatory reference to Kelley as well as a stretch since you don't know the woman. I used a reference to Dale Jr's book so you could read his own words about his sister. My guess is that he would know more than you about their relationship and how he views his sister.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I think Kelley is ths source of most of the friction then, and that is a shame.
    I also think Kelley in the end will use Jr. to run the show in the end.
    At some point Theresa will just have to decide what is best for what Sr. wanted, and I am sure if he knew how smart Kelley was going to be, Kelley would have a role to play in the story....
    Kelley is involved in Dale Jr's career because Dale Jr WANTS her involved !
    You don't need to buy a book, just read this :
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mot...rdt_sister_ap/
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    Take a look at these cars:

17 - formerly driven by D. Waltrip
    43 - formerly driven by Richard petty
    21 - formerly driven by David Pearson

They have/are being driven by drivers other than the one that made the car famous.
    Fortunately, those 3 are still alive today, also the fact that Dale died while driving the 3 car would 'mean' (for want of a better word) more then if he was still driving, but died doing something else, or died after retiring. (that's my theory anyway...)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Sparky, I am not reading a book to figure this out. I read the SI article Stan quoted, and I have read many articles about Kelley and how she runs Dale Jr.'s enterprises. He relies on her and trusts her for a reason, she is his sister and there is a lot of love there.

Now you can debate on the effect all this is having on DEI, but please, say what you are talking about because I don't read a whole book to debate one guy on a forum.

Also, to the coward who keeps slagging me with neg. Rep points and calling me a Dumbass for this posting, you can debate me too chicken. Unless this is a personal attack because you have some axe to grind?

I wont stop posting here and if I am proven wrong on my OPINION, I am the first one to eat the whole crow feathers and all, but it seems a few guys on here are cowards. I wont justify me being a NASCAR fan since I have watched NASCAR for most of my life, and I will continue to get in your grill at times, so if you dont like it, prove me wrong, or lets have a debate. Of course, that would be the mature way to do it, but it seems a select few cant handle that.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1. Sparky is quite knowledgable & she knows her NASCAR !
    I will look for the book for myself because if Sparky recommends it I assure you it is a good read.

2. The fact is that Kelly looks out for Dale Jr's best interest.
    I can't see Teresa feeling threatened by Kelly, DEI belongs to Teresa.
    Kelly & Dale Jr have no claim to DEI unless Teresa gives it to them.

3. As to the negative rep I recommend ignoring it.
    My guess is that the people who give it enjoy seeing their victims complain.
    BTW, the more insulting a person is, the more that person become a target.

4. No-one said for anyone to quit posting here.
    We see many opinions posted here, sometimes people agree, other times people disagree.
    The main purpose of a forum is to share ideas & discuss different opinions.
    When discussions can be executed in a civil manner the forum benefits.
    However when anger enters into an opinion, people are not as open to discussing it.

Peace Out
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Cool Stan. I don't disagree with a lot of what you said, or neccessarily all of what Sparky said now that I have re-read what I wrote and what she had wrote. However, I do stand by the fact the problem might be between Teresa and Kelley. I dont think they want it to be between them, and I do think Dale on some level probably feels DEI should be his someday. Kelley I am sure would agree but I guess in a family dispute like this, it is way more complicated than outsiders can comprehend.

The funny thing is, I suspect Teresa and Dale Jr. have sort of circled the wagons this last month, and while Kelley and Teresa may have an adversarial relationship in the next few months while they sort out Jr's future, it may just be posturing now for advantage, and maybe not that serious.

I guess we wait now for the next chapter in the story....

As for my crankiness, I have gotten enough bad rep from people from this one thread, and I just couldn't understand. Nuff said, I have to just learn to shut up and not get my Irish up.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Latest from Jayski:

Junior to meet with DEI representatives: Representatives of DEI and Dale Earnhardt Jr. will meet on Wednesday to discuss Dale Jr.'s contract and ownership stake in the team. Earnhardt Jr., his sister, Kelley Earnhardt Elledge, who serves as his business manager, DEI competition director Richie Gilmore, and DEI's new president, Max Siegel are expected in the meeting. Teresa Earnhardt, the owner of DEI who also is Earnhardt Jr.'s stepmother, will not be at the meeting, by design. Gilmore said the parties wanted to try to keep the emotions to a minimum, and they wanted to keep Teresa Earnhardt and Dale Jr. separate. Dale Jr.'s contract with DEI expires in 2007, and he said during testing at Daytona that he wanted a greater stake in DEI, the company that his father started. Gilmore says the ownership stake in the team is still the major determining factor in the contract negotiation process for Dale Jr. (ESPN.com)(2-7-2007)

They have to keep them separate? I give it 75% odds that Dale Jr. and Bud are over at RCR next year.