Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JV to LeMans

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius
    Very good news!

And yes fousto, it would be a feat unsurpassed by anyone before him.

Bravo Jacques!

Sirius
    Graham Hill won the Indy 500, F1 World Championship, and the Le Mans 24 Hours, if JV wins Le Mans he will be the 2nd person to do it

Graham Hill is also the only driver to have completed this Triple Crown, winning the three most famous motor races in the world, the Monaco Grand Prix, the Indy 500 and the Le Mans 24 hours. JV cannot tie this record since he never won Monaco, JPM is the only active driver that could do it if he ever races Le Mans.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll look forward to him coming second to Allan McNish then!!!
    "The thing about 24 hr races is that they seem to go all day"

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    Graham Hill won the Indy 500, F1 World Championship, and the Le Mans 24 Hours, if JV wins Le Mans he will be the 2nd person to do it

Graham Hill is also the only driver to have completed this Triple Crown, winning the three most famous motor races in the world, the Monaco Grand Prix, the Indy 500 and the Le Mans 24 hours. JV cannot tie this record since he never won Monaco.
    JV would, however, create his own unique record:
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    Villeneuve has made no secret of his interest in Le Mans, especially because success there would make him the first man to capture four of motor racing's biggest prizes - the endurance classic, the F1 world championship, the Indy 500 and the Champ Car title.

"The reason for me to do Le Mans is that nobody has won all four. Three have been won, but never four," he said.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    JV would, however, create his own unique record:
    I know that but that is sort of a made up record IMHO, if you look at it that way why not also include the Daytona 500

Mario Andretti won four of motor racing's biggest prizes. He won the F1 world championship, the CART Championship, the Indy 500, and the Daytona 500

A. J. Foyt won four of motor racing's biggest prizes. The USAC National Championship (CART's predecessor) the Indy 500, the 24 hours of Le Mans and the Daytona 500

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    I know that but that is sort of a made up record IMHO, if you look at it that way why not also include the Daytona 500
    True, so if not a record as such how about an impressive achievement?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    There are quite a few unique records out there. I guess it is the critics than put them in order. So I think in Mario's case they feel the LeMans race is higher up the list than Daytona. I don't recall did Mario ever win the 24 hrs at Daytona??
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cool. although i would be better if jv had finished out this season with the Bite My Wiener team.
    see what happens when schumacher doesnt get number 1 status and a lapdog as a teammate?

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Mario Andretti won four of motor racing's biggest prizes. He won the F1 world championship, the CART Championship, the Indy 500, and the Daytona 500

A. J. Foyt won four of motor racing's biggest prizes. The USAC National Championship (CART's predecessor) the Indy 500, the 24 hours of Le Mans and the Daytona 500
    Chris , both Mario and A.J. essentially "made up" those records by achieving them , and both are revered . But neither will have the 4 the JV has a chance at , so he will have a unique seat if he can do it .

Some of those who follow will see his 4 championships as lesser than the other 4-timers , but I and many others will see it as every bit as valid , and perhaps even more so .

Perhaps , after winning LeMans , he'll put out a platinum album , turning a corner none of the others could follow him through .

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    True, so if not a record as such how about an impressive achievement?
    Its will definitely be an impressive achievement, there is no doubt about that, even just one of those four prizes is an impressive achievement and JV has won 3

I wish him the best of luck in winning his fourth

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thankyou Arrows

Congrats to J.V, I hope he does well
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja: