Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: JV to LeMans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    An F1 champion should always be relevant on an F1 discussion board.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by revmeister
    An F1 champion should always be relevant on an F1 discussion board.
    Quite right, perhaps this thread should be moved to the History and Nostalgia section, seeing that he's an ex-f1 champion/driver then
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are no "ex-F1 champions" only current and past champions. And since this is current news about an F1 champion then History Nostalgia doesn't seem quite right either.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Now that he must share a car, it's set-up, a team, and the spotlight with 2 other drivers, the only real question is after someone doubts him, his speed, or his ability, will he throw his petulant fit and quit the team before, after, or during the race?
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I think JV goes to nostalgia when he has been gone for 5 years. Maybe 3.....but surely he drove in the last year, he cant be kicked the curb that fast. He still is better than some of the stiff's with rides....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Not yet

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMetro
    Quite right, perhaps this thread should be moved to the History and Nostalgia section, seeing that he's an ex-f1 champion/driver then
    As soon as the new season starts, all JPM, JV, and MS (depending on how much he will be involved in the Ferrari Team) threads, will be moved to H&N forum
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7
    Now that he must share a car, it's set-up, a team, and the spotlight with 2 other drivers, the only real question is after someone doubts him, his speed, or his ability, will he throw his petulant fit and quit the team before, after, or during the race?
    Funny , because Zonta , whom everyone thinks got a raw deal beside Jacques , told me he had no problem with him .
    And , upon leaving BMW , through mutual agreement by the way , he is offered roles in 3 competing series .
    That's not so bad for a guy considered by some such as yourself , as "petulant", and having questionable "ability" .

Pardon me if I consider those with contracts in hand for JV to sign more credible , in terms of opinion , than you .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Funny , because Zonta , whom everyone thinks got a raw deal beside Jacques , told me he had no problem with him .
    And , upon leaving BMW , through mutual agreement by the way , he is offered roles in 3 competing series .
    That's not so bad for a guy considered by some such as yourself , as "petulant", and having questionable "ability" .

Pardon me if I consider those with contracts in hand for JV to sign more credible , in terms of opinion , than you .
    Thank you, I was trying to remember Zonta. When the rumour of Peugeot was going to be entering lemans, it was said the that Jacques, Panis and Zonta where the drivers involved.

BTW: who's driving the bus? it seems to have been parked for a while, and I haven't had my Tim Hortons for days?
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan

He quit BAR with one race left in the season upon learning that he wouldn't be retained the next year. BAR accepted his resignation. He quit BMW-Sauber because he didn't think it was right that a man with his track record and background should have to stand for comparison to a rookie, similar to his situation with the young Button. Considering his "watertight" contract with Sauber, then BMW-Sauber, my guess is that he failed to meet one or more performance clauses and that allowed BMW-Sauber to sit him out. I have no proof of that, but Jacques being Jacques, would have screamed like a stuck pig about being benched if the contract didn't allow for it. BMW-Sauber accepted his resignation. If you want to sugar-coat it and call it "mutual agreement" thats fine. The reality of it is that he quit, again.

I don't know about these roles in 3 competing series, but if one of them is the NASCAR thing, they would probably let me drive too if I paid them 18 million dollars. I wouldn't consider a position I had to pay 18 million dollars to obtain much of a job offer. If Peugeot wants him, thats great. I'm sure they are aware of what they are buying and I hope they are pleased with the results.

Although I don't recall directly calling Jacques' ability into question on the original post, I do believe he acts in a spoiled and petulant manner. I can easily see where the car set-up is going to be a sore point and where Jacques would start that " I have won races...I know how to win races...blah blah blah..." crap again to swing the set-up his way.

Contrary to what you may believe, I'm not wishing bad luck on the lad, I'm just not closing my eyes and ears to the reality of his past.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    well look at the opportunity we have to argue when BMW flops this year.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"