Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do agree with Max on this! TC is out for all the drivers. Those who do not want to hurt themselves can play it safe, and those who want to seek some glory will keep us entertained!!! What else can you ask for?
    ŃBA I love this game! :up:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY

If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen.
    You are not safe, because leo was sleeping out of the kitchen

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    "It probably won't change things much," he confirmed. "I'm happy that traction control will be banned next year. I feel comfortable about this."
    -Jarno Trulli .(from Crash.net)

They're not all gay , Cowpoke !
    Pino's man figures he'll be ok , but some will struggle .

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Irv once said he doesn't think DC is gay but he should stop behaving like one. He was right.

The only concern I have about wet races is attrition. 16 cars or so were smashed in the first turn pileup at Spa in '98 and 3 or 4 cars made it to the checkered flag at Monaco in '96 but there were no injuries. I can't recall somebody get killed in the wet.
    Llibertat

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    the other thing that would be of interest is the cornering speeds in the turbo era such a 1982 and also the straight line speeds from this era
    if any one happens to have this data please let us look. I had heard the g forces in those years were very incredible.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    For anyone here that has seen races such as the 1985 Portugese GP, where Senna dominated a race in torrential rain with a turbo engine which was not only peaky but also had massive amount of torque compared to the current generation of 2.4 litre V8 engine making planting the power all the more difficult the comments from the current crop seem to be ludicrous. Factor in 1980's wet weather tyre technology and you really have to wonder what they are complaining about. As for visibility, it has always been a massive issue in wet weather races, it's hardly new, infact you could argue that the current cars with thier narrower tyres are better off than the cars of the 80s where the tyres were very wide by comparison, the amount of water being displaced from the track into the air being proportionately more as a result. These drivers are highly paid professionals and a factor of thier high pay is the risk involved, obviously no one wants to see drivers injured but if driving an F1 car was risk free and easy then there would be no justification for the massive amounts that the best drivers can demand from teams.

In closing I would say shut up and drive, F1 is safer now than its ever been, the banning of driver aids only serves to differentiate the great drivers from the merely good ones, it doesnt adversely impact on safety.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    I'm quite impressed we've got this far into the thread without responding to fousto's "Formula Gay" comment and mentioning rear-end shunts...oh balls
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh Mr. Coulthard, how age has changed your view...

Quote Originally Posted by David Coulthard Dec. 04/2000
    "On the face of it, these systems don't seem so pure. The sport is always about the best driver showing what he can do, while F1 is also about the best technology.

"But I am a pure racer. I want to change my own gears and I don't want computers to help prevent wheelspin."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/1054887.stm
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSfan
    Oh Mr. Coulthard, how age has changed your view...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/1054887.stm
    Wow! Now I really don't want to get old.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    No doubt they should change the name of the series from Formula one to Formula Gay!!
    Why? i dont see the drivers dressed in tight pink shirts and attending celine dion concerts....

what an intelligent description :S
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!