Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    No wonder they changed there mind. Shame it doesn't seem to have convinced her to prove herself in a lower formulae first! She was statistically the worst driver in the championship. P31 in the series, where no grid was over 26 says it all!!! Hughes managed P16 and respectable points haul in an older car. Say what you like about luck, etc, but statistics don't lie and you make your own luck!
    She also had the most unreliable car on the grid. I'm sure KWR did their best but it appeared that Jason's car got the attention and Fiona had to wait. I think the final straw was when her wheel fell off at Thruxton during qualifying.
    Why is dislexia such a difficult word to spell?
    What did the Romans ever do for us? Yes yes apart from the roads, drains, Hadrian\'s Wall, wine etc. Nothing see!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    jacksons is latest spec i believe, not sure about motorbase, but they are new to them so at least '07 spec if not '08
    Mat Jackson's car is last years WTCC winner (so 2007 spec):
    http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews...dd2485aaddd724

I read somewhere yesterday (which I now can't find) that the Motorbase cars are 2008 spec.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Motorbase got the 2007 Schnitzer cars. However, I'm sure RAC, Motorbase and Jacksons can get all the relevant 2008 'upgrades' for their 320sis from Munich... there must be so many new parts and improvements during the course of a year that there's no such thing as a simple "2007 spec" or "2008 spec" machine.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    No wonder they changed there mind. Shame it doesn't seem to have convinced her to prove herself in a lower formulae first! She was statistically the worst driver in the championship. P31 in the series, where no grid was over 26 says it all!!! Hughes managed P16 and respectable points haul in an older car. Say what you like about luck, etc, but statistics don't lie and you make your own luck!
    Fiona's abilities were nothing to do with why they changed their mind. I might have guessed you'd have used this as an excuse to have another dig!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I kinda want Leggate back, she was good for the comedy...
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cos
    there must be so many new parts and improvements during the course of a year that there's no such thing as a simple "2007 spec" or "2008 spec" machine.
    Yeah, you're probably right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    tdb mentioned there was going to be a press release from xero at the end of the week it was spotted the lexus had changed colour etc on there website. so whats happened to this?

no show at media day or registration are they going to be out this year?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mystery isnt it? :/

Press release could be to confirm no entry?
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think from what tdb said on the forum that Xero want some more testing so in order to get around the testing restrictions they haven't registered yet. Hopefully they'll be on the grid at Brands Hatch. I'd imagine we'll get a press release sometime before Brands Hatch if they intend to enter.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think what tdb is trying to say, is that Xero would rather appear with a fully functioning race car when they announce what they are doing!

Unlike a certain team at the media day who turned-up with a 'showcar' and has taken a lot of stick for doing so!

Typical British reaction.. Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't..

Jees! Give em a break!