Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
I could watch coverage like this and these old videos all day. It's very bittersweet when you look at how the WRC has declined, especially the RAC IMO. I wish I had been alive to see this for myself.

I have to agree about rally radio. I'd probably stop short of calling them muppets but clearly the right people are not in the job for such a niche radio station. A bit of radio experience probably gets you a lot further than an encyclopedic knowledge of rallying. Unfortunately sometimes it seems like the presenters have neither.

-It was nice to hear both Mark James and John Desbrough on Wales Rally Radio a few weeks ago. Those guys know what they are talking about at least.
It was, they knew what they were talking about, plus there was ex co-driver Mike Broad who has forgotten more than most of us will ever know. Wales Rally Radio is the type of coverage that WRC Radio should be doing - but using proper Rally journalists - get somebody like Jerry Williams for example. The people they have I'd never heard of before. Maybe muppets was a bit harsh, but they are occasionally inane......

Seeing as it's the season of Goodwill, Merry Christmas to all.